Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Keep Climbing up and up and up....

Things have been a whirlwind at this end of my world. Won't go into too much detail in this post, but for sure want to share with you the next steps in the weight loss challenge. This has been a very hard post to put down on "paper", so that might be some of the reason why I have not been posting. Avoiding what needs to be done. I know it is the next step, but for some reason I don't want to make it work. I figure if I finally - yes, finally - get it written down I have to hold myself accountable to not only myself, but to my blog and my blogging world.

Here is a refresher:

Steps One and Two were all about exercise and water

Steps Three and Four were all about avoiding AND eliminating fast food and taking time for you

Step Five was giving you a chance to do 100 things....

Now, to keep moving  up the ladder of my weight loss journey -


Step Six

Stop eating after dinner. Stop eating after dinner. Stop eating after dinner.
Yes, a snack - A HEALTHY SNACK - is fine from time to time, but when I saw STOP EATING AFTER DINNER I mean really, seriously STOP EATING AFTER DINNER!!!!! Enough said!!!


Step Seven

And with that - if you have stopped eating after dinner, then you should be getting a good 8 hours of sleep a night. It is oh, so important to make this happen. You feel refreshed, you body is refreshed, you have allowed yourself to process the days activities, food and gotten the stress under control by taking the time to sleep away the day. Get up and ready for a new day. Harder to get up when you have only had a few hours of sleep. You drag. You are not upbeat. Your body also wants to eat more, because you didn't allow yourself to deal with the "jet lag" of the day. Your body does not know how to work well on little sleep.

***************************************************************************

For me, these are the two hardest steps. With being out of work I am finding that I "veg" in front of the TV for hours on end in the evening. Heck, if I am laying in bed, I am still "resting" - right - WRONG!!! When I don't get the right amount of sleep I am at my worst the next day and I do believe I have been at my worst for just about 6 months now. Yes, that is how long I have been out of work. That is the longest I have ever been out of work. Now I know what so many other people are experiencing. I have had many job interviews, but never a second interview. The applications can be taunting and to not get calls back on most of them, what applications I can send out, can be annoying, stressful and frustrating. I am grateful for all the rejections I have received. Not that I can frame them, oh, wait - maybe I can - print out the little email reply and add it to my bulletin board. Better yet, what is that new website called - Pinterest - maybe I should post my rejections there - LOL LOL LOL - they don't know what they are missing. I am a really good, hard worker and I am going stir crazy staying at home (oh, wait - I should have lost 40 more pounds by now because I have been home - what the?????).....humor, the best kind of medicine for me right now.

The next thing that is harder is the fact that yes, I am staying up too late and then my body wants a snack. Well, I don't think it really does, it just seems to be a pattern that I have fallen into. I have also figured out that I am BORED, so if I eat that is a good solution - keeps me busy for what - 5 - 10 - maybe 15 minutes. Then what? Oh, just another snack. Cravings have been bad. Just heading to bed at a decent hour will help with the cravings, the late night snacking and helping my body lose the weight it so badly needs to be rid of.

Today - Today is the turning point for me. No, it is not the beginning of the month. It is not a Sunday or the end of a long binge weekend. It just happens to be time. The biggest fact of the matter is this - I have been looking at myself in the mirror and I really, really, seriously, and bitterly do not like what I see. I feel myself "waddling" down the hallway to get the laundry. Or after driving in the car for too long I have to stretch and kind of walk slowly just to get up to speed. Really - wow - that is just awful.

Time to continue up the ladder - maybe even just get back on. I was doing the ladder so well and "religiously" many months ago, it is time, time to make each day count!!!! Time for me to be a new me - not just and old me, but a new me - be me and love the me I am!!! I have been doing Steps 1 to 5 - going to incorporate #6 and #7 in the coming week - I can conquer this goal!!! Just you watch, Step 8 is just a hop, skip and a jump away (I promise, I won't jump too high - as I don't want to fall off the ladder).

It's like the fish (Dory) in the Disney Movie, Finding Nemo - rather then Just Keep Swimming I am going to be saying Just Keep Climbing, Just Keep Climbing!!!

Wishing you all a most wonderful ladder to success!!!!



MO

No comments: