Saturday, August 4, 2012

Step Three, Step Four....

Before I start to tell you about the next steps, I am so glad that I have decided to start blogging again. This is really a welcome treat. I can't believe I would avoid doing a post because I was tired of being on the computer, been looking for work on the computer non-stop or doing something else on the computer non-stop. Sometimes the days just become taunting. However, just by doing the last few entries I am very excited to get in my post everyday or every other day - it is helping me get back on track with my weight loss journey!!!! So - here we go.....

As we continue up the ladder of success, we are to the third and fourth steps...taking the time to carefully take each step gently, with caution, but making sure we don't take a step back.

Step Three -

No FAST FOOD!!!! And I mean NO FAST FOOD. Don't even think about driving into that fast food joint and convincing yourself that the "salad" is going to not be fast, but nutritious. Why can't you take the time to go home and make a salad. Or before you leave the house for the day, take the time to pack a good nutritious lunch and snack. Even before you plan out your week, look at your calendar and figure out what days you might need to have a prepared dinner for those long days or work, play or just on the go. Planning is the key. If you do have to hit a fast "joint", then take the time to go to the grocery store and stop by the deli area or even Subway is a good fast food treat - hey, they do make those sandwiches fast. Make wise decisions when you do that, don't go for the heavy mayo and grab that bag of chips. You can do this, step three is not that scary.

Step Four - 


Do one thing good for yourself each day. No, I am not talking about the exercise, I am talking about something specifically for you. Might it be waking up an extra 10 minutes early and enjoying the quiet of the house. Or what about reading the newspaper cover to cover without being disturbed. Maybe this is the time that you pick up a nice book you have been wishing to read for so many months. Start a journal, take up a hobby you haven't ever done or want to do. The choice is yours. Before you know it you will be on the road to more success with your weight loss because you are now taking the time (even just a little time) for you.

Remember -

Step One - Exercise
Step Two - Eight glasses of water a day....

Keep up the good work - you are doing great!!!!!!!!


MO

No comments: