Wednesday, August 8, 2012

100 Things....Step 5

I have been thinking about this post for a few days and going to take advantage of the quiet time and get this all out. I am finding that I really have missed blogging. It is therapy for me. It is soothing. It is helping me get back on track. Having this time to write down my thoughts and at the same time looking for support - by reading other blogs too - is just what I have needed.

Step 5 - 100 Things a Day:

In relationship to my first step, which was exercise, I am throwing in something FUN to my ladder list. On the fifth step of my weight loss journey I am going to do 100 things each day. Yes, we might brush our teeth with 100 motions, for sure we walk more then 100 feet each day, I feel like I drive about 100 miles on any given day, or what about washing the dishes 100 times a day - ha, ha....so many other things that you will find that you do 100 of each day.

However, my 100 Things a day are related to my exercise goals. I want to do 100 "things" each day. I don't have to do the same 100 each day, but I will do 100 of the same thing each day to make sure I am getting in some good body movements. Going to strive for this goal. 100 "things" for the next 100 days, then 100 weeks, then 100 years (come on I can dream on the years part, right). Some of my options will be -


  1. 100 Stomach Crunches
  2. 100 Step Ups 
  3. 100 Push Ups
  4. 100 Calf Lifts
  5. 100 Leg lifts (100 for each leg - come on, it isn't fair that only one leg gets worked out)
  6. 100 Over the Head arm lifts - add weights to give you a good workout
  7. 100 consistent hits to the punching bag with each arm (don't switch off for 20 and then another 20 - do one arm for the full 100)
  8. 100 Jumping Jacks
I could expand on this list, but the first 3 are my favorite right now, so going to leave it at that for the moment. This will be in addition to my regular 30 minute workout. 

I just want to have fun with this and have told myself that at Step 10 there will be something else that is fun. Might not be exercise, but can be. 

Hope that you are all enjoying your week. Sending you a big hug and wishing you the best week ever!!!!!!!!

MO


3 comments:

Grancracker said...

Hi Mo, I saw your entries about taking this step by step and wanted to read them. It took me some time to get to them, but I read all of them. What a great idea. That just may be the way I need to go. Thanks for the post, hope you are doing well..

Grancracker said...

Hi Mo, just thinking about you. I hope all is well.

Ryan.Perry said...

Great workout plan you scheduled! Keep up the hard work! One thing I’ve found to be extremely helpful and useful as a supplement to my current diet/exercise plan is Fullbar (www.fullbar.com). Their products (Fullbar shakes) have helped me lose weight and learn how to maintain that weight-loss.