Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MO-Mentum

Even if I have been feeling a bit down, I have realized that exercising is my best bet to keep the MO-mentum going. I feel better when I exercise. I am energized after my workout. I felt really good after doing 20 minutes in front of the TV last night. This morning my walking buddy didn't meet up with me and I almost went back home, but I decided that even doing the short cut walk was going to do me some good. I did 2 miles in about 30 minutes. It was a bit dark and very foggy, but I kept going. I didn't get freaked out by the garbage cans looking like scary people until I could actually see them, I kept going. I got a bit spooked at the two lights at the end of the lane that looked like a car coming towards me, but I kept going! That walk was just what I needed.

I have also been busy working on my 2012 Vision Board(s). Last year Mer gave me the idea and I did my own - well, actually two...and I thought that each year I would update my Vision. The People Magazine comes out at the first of the year with their weight loss feature. They show people who have lost 1/2 their size, some of the Biggest Loser participants and so much more. It always gives me a lift and after reading the magazine cover to cover I cut it up - using many of the quotes or headliners to create my vision board for the year. Those vision boards from last year - they are still in my house and I finally finished the 2012 boards last Friday night. Another great source of MO-mentum....


I like this board mainly for two things. 1 - the saying at the bottom right that came from my local newspaper (not all of it has to come from one magazine you know)....

"You won't get the butt you want sitting on the one you have"

and 2 - one of my daily horoscopes from last week -

"Who you are on the inside will make a certain reality outside of you come into being.
Be clear about what you're creating.
Feel the energy of what you want your future to be, and you'll naturally begin to move toward it"


I like this vision board for many things like:

"I feel like I can turn heads now!!"

"I'm proud of my waist!"

"But, wait!! There's so much to look forward to!!"

and this one for sure....

"I never want to go back to the unhealthy, unhappy person I once was"


What is your source of MO-mentum? Do you do a vision board? Have words of wisdom posted around the house? What about a journal? What do you do to create your own daily MO-mentum?


Staying MO-tivated MO

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh how I wish I knew! Never tried a vision board or posting words or a journal. Which, now that I type it, is odd since I am a very visual person. Hmmm.

Jessica said...

Love the boards!

Mer and Mo said...

Love your boards for 2012! That is the way to keep exercising. It is so easy to just not do it. But you just kept on going! I love that! Keep up the Mo-mentum!