Hello Fellow Bloggers -
It has been quite sometime since I actually sat down to write and have really thought about what I was going to write. I am hoping to make this short, but have a funny feeling it might run a bit long.
To those who have missed us, or if you are just getting the chance to read about us - I am the Mo and my better half is the Mer. We have been friends for 25 years. This summer will actually be 25 years and we are going to celebrate that fact with a college reunion with friends. I am very excited for the fact that I am Mer's friend. That we have never really fallen apart from each other. Phone calls, trips to visit each other, overnight camping vacations, 5K races, supporting each other in all that we do - so much more. I am ever so grateful to Humboldt State University for putting us together in the same dorm room and thinking it was never going to work - but from the very moment we noticed the color's of light on the ceiling of our room there was that magic moment that it just clicked. Connected at the hip - I know we will enjoy another 25 years of lasting friendship.
I am not getting back to blogging just because I now have time, I am getting back to it because I want to. I miss it and I am going to make it a part of my weekly routine - no excuse for it, it kept me on track, connected and grounded on my weight loss journey. When Mer and I started this journey close to 2.5 years ago - our first post on January 6, 2011 - Our first official post
Or my official first post (this reminds my so well as to why I need to lose weight and that I WANT to lose it)
Mo's story - that I am a MOM - that I need to be healthy for my son, to raise him and be with him when he crosses the finish lines of many things- school. college, goals, marriage and just the fact to be there to see him grow up.
As I looked for that first post I had the chance to see other posts. Saw so many accomplishments, the starts the stops, the ups, the downs - too many posts to count. I can say that since losing the original 40 pounds back in 2011 I am up just 30, not the full 40 and I have stayed steady at that weight for over a year. I just want to start losing again!
So - here are the keys to my success -
1. Posting every other day - even if it is short or long
2. Getting support from others. Mer, my family and for sure my blogging buddies - just reading about others success gives me the encouragement that I need - if you can do it, then I can do it. Looking for the support, too - so send me a note from time to time - that always helps keep my on track.
3. No sodas
4. No fast food
5. No eating after 8 pm
6. No sweets, candies and that occasional "paid too much for it" coffee
7. Five fruits and vegetables each day
8. - this is a good # - because it stands for 8 glasses of water a day. Go for the 10, but for sure get in the 8 each and everyday, no matter what.
9. Eating a good, but sensible breakfast each morning.
10. Take the time to exercise each day - 20 - 30 minutes, make it fun, don't think of it as a chore - plan and simple - just do it!!!
11. Take the time for you each day. A 10 minute moment can make a world of difference
12. Get 8 hours of sleep a day - yes, I know it might only be 7, but I am going to strive for 8
13. Take my vitamins each day.
14. Track my food eating. Find a good tracking system and make it work - when you see it written down you pay more attention to it - even the little nipples
I know there are more keys that will help put me get me through a new door, but for now I think this list is a good start.
I have to run - taking in a major league baseball game today with my family. A little concerned that sitting in the seats at the stadium is going to make me feel very uncomfortable, but for now I will enjoy the day!!!
Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!
Look to your keys of success - what works best for you?
(not quite yet ready to say "Motivated") so for now signing off: