Monday, November 5, 2012

Back at it!!!

I think my life is slowing down - I hope - I wish - and I really want it to. I have been so busy doing so many things for so many other people that when it is time for me that I don't even have the time for me.

I lost my job in February and am still searching for work (I know, I know - I keep mentioning this, but my posts seem so far apart I don't want you to forget and well, this is the longest I have ever been out of work, unless you count being in school - I have worked almost non-stop for over 30 years, so this is not the new "norm" for me). I had hoped to have lost the extra pounds by now, because I have so much time on my hands, but for some reason I am always finding something else to do but exercise. Well, this past month has been too much for me. Or I guess I could say the last two months. There is soccer to juggle, the need to have homework done, I moved on from Cub Scouts and am proudly trying to help my son with his Boy Scout journey, which means I don't have to do much. Which then means that I seemed to become the PTA president for his school. Which also means that I was volunteering to help with a Scout dinner and well, the list has been crazy. Not to forget to mention that I decided to go work at the local Chamber of Commerce to hopefully get a real job, and that is taking up time. The PTA thing - what a mess - if it isn't a fund raiser, it is cutting up Box Tops, or doing Lunch on the Lawn for the students, or what about Movie Night. Or what about the Fall Festival and the one Mom that wanted to have a Basket Raffle. Or even juggling the parents - that is a single job in itself. My house is a mess, there was one week that if I didn't stop for a moment and do the laundry I would have been going "commando" and well, that is not a pretty site in this house. I finally got to take a breath this weekend. Sunday was a PJ day and I have not had one of those in I don't know how long. The only factor that changed it was that my sister is now staying with me for a few days - that I did not expect, happy to have her, and I am adapting. Heard that my son might be coming down with a cold, so that is another thing to deal with today (if he makes it to the end of the school day) - as he was with his father for the past few days.

I did have a job interview on Friday. I felt it went well, but there are 14 other people hoping for the job, too. So we will see. I have another interview of sorts next week for the City and I really want that job to work out. Found several other jobs to apply for this weekend and well, have to stay on top of that if I want to continue to get my support and well, I do want a job - it isn't going to come knocking on my door. Looking for a job is a job all by itself. Sigh!!!



Finally able to breath easier and I am seeing the light of my ways. That I am not taking care of myself. That I really need to come first. If I take care of myself FIRST, then things will all start to fall into place. The job offers will come in, I will have a clean house, I will feel more confident and energized. Took in a 2.5 mile walk yesterday and did it again today. I need and WANT to get this weight off. I am under a lot of stress and I know that working out is going to help me feel better. It was really nice to have a walking buddy today, but I also have to realize that even if I don't have a walking buddy I still need to get in my 30-40 minutes a day.

I know what needs to be done - I WILL be doing it!!! Wishing everyone the best of luck this week in whatever you try to accomplish and my all your goals be met today!!!

Another post tomorrow- this is so good for me -


MO

No comments: