Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Confidence

We feel more confident when we are hitting our goals. We feel more confident when we are doing things that we enjoy. We are more confident when we are hitting goals once, twice and so on and so on. We are more confident when we see the results on the scale and in the mirror!!! Confidence is what I am lacking at the moment.

Today was another day of catching up on DVR'd episodes while I was working on my computer looking for actual real work, typing up agendas and sign up sheets for the PTA meeting (yes, for some reason I am now NOT the PTA president of my son's school - didn't think it required this much work - oh, was I wrong, but it is keeping me busy during this out of work moment I am having (won't it also look nice on my resume'....mmmmm - wonder).

I hit play and had on the TV the next episode of the ABC show "Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition". It was Episode 204 (season 2) that featured Ashley. As I listened to this episode (watched some key moments) there were moments where I was hearing the fact that Ashley had not been confident at the beginning of her journey. She worked on her goals and even when she didn't hit certain goals at her 3 month deadline and her 6 month deadline she still kept moving forward. She started to get more confidence. She was smiling more, she was energized, and even when she came to her final weigh-in she didn't care what the scale said, just for the pure fact that she was happy at how she had changed her life in the last year.

I too, remember feeling this way when I first started on the We're Losing It Challenge Mer and I started. I want to get that feeling again. If Ashley can do it, why can't I? I feel like a confident person, most of the time. I am a lovable person (most of the time). I seem to get along with many people and have many other people that enjoy my company. But, the confidence in me - that is lacking. When I was losing weight left and right I was feeling good, energized and ready to see what the next size of pants was holding for me.

Have to get that confidence back. I can't let this being out of work moment win - I need to beat it at its own mind blowing game. Looking forward to the next step in my confidence, weight loss journey!!!

MO


No comments: