Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 82- Last Straw Eating

Thoughts from 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle-

"That was the last straw!" Sometimes I end up binging after I have hit that state of mind. Again it is a series of events that get me to that "last straw." It is usually because I am frustrated, tired and just had given up all hope for making anything go my way. 
It is time to watch for these events and time to prevent this "last straw" eating.
Here is brainstorm list for myself to help prevent me from this-
  • Clean out the pantry of any junk food so that the only option is a healthy choice
  • Find sugar-free, low calorie ways to chew on the "last straw"- gum, ice chips
  • Put the jump rope and hoola hoop by the back door so anytime I want to I can jump or hoola hoop my frustrations away
  • Have a notebook in my purse so that I can journal my frustations away
  • Drink a glass of water slow
  • Make a cup of tea
  • Do some knitting
  • Read and comment on a Weight loss blog
  • Call or text my BFF
  • Do some deep, cleansing breathing
Please add to my list. We need problem solve together to conquer this emotional eating!
Carpe Diem 2012!

Working from the inside-out,
MER

6 comments:

Alan said...

Mer and Mo, best wishes on a healthy 2012. Happy New Year!

karen@fitnessjourney said...

The first item on your list, clearing out the junk (and not buying more!) is a really good place to start. I can't tell you how many times I've thought I'd really like a piece of chocolate but since there was none in the house I got over it pretty quick and found something else to get the craving off my mind.

I like to keep a running "to do" list so I can do something productive instead of caving into a craving. The bonus: It's such a good feeling to cross something off that list.

Good luck!

Dawn said...

I need to clear the junk out that is still in the house after Christmas. I know I don't need or want it but to have it lying about means it is there if I did weaken
good thinking
Best wishes for 2012 to both of you
xXx

Kristen said...

Clean something nasty (like the toilet) with bleach. Eating out of bleachy smelling hands is completely unappealing. Trust me on this!

Mer and Mo said...

@Karen@fitness journey-ah, I like the running TO DO list idea.
@Dawn- getting rid of the junk out keeps it out! Best thing I have ever done for myself and family!
Stay strong!
MER

Anonymous said...

Go for a quick walk, go clean something, pick up a book or magazine..... I still have my goal jeans hanging on my fridge! That deters some late night digging into the ice box for a treat that I don't need. Wearing the jeans is the ultimate treat, when I get to it! :)