As I woke up at 3 am this morning and could not get back to sleep I decided to step on the scale. I was happy with what I saw. Down another pound since last weeks weight. As I tried to go back to sleep and was thinking about everything under the sun - wrapping Christmas gifts, doing an Open House event next week, dealing with vacation schedules, what are we doing this weekend, making my Mom's famous pie next weekend - yes, I was thinking. I also thought about my Subway day and found myself saying - Hey, if Jared can do a Subway diet, how come I can't"...but then I was thinking I can't do that...I don't want to be famous - too much time away from home, right?! (giggle) I can do my own weight loss at home. Eat well, be healthy....this I have done really well this year and even if I am at about 85% right now, I need to get back to that 100% to continue making progress.
So, the thoughts in my head like sugar plums and candy treats (sounds like a Christmas Story) got me thinking about those simple reminders. Keeping this list handy is a valuable key to my success:
1. No Fast Food (Subway makes a fast sandwich, but much healthier for you then a hamburger and fries)
2. No sodas
3. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water a day
4. Exercise 4-5 times a week at 30 minutes a shot
5. Pack my own lunch - there is variety, you save on gas and you save that $7.00 a day you would have paid if you went to the sandwich shop.
6. No eating after 7 pm
7. Getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night
8. Portion Control - don't even think about filling that plate a second time.
9. Limit the sweet treats!
Some simple reminders....getting me to the end of 2011 and will continue into the New Year!!!
Staying MOtivated MO