Thursday, December 15, 2011

No Excuses

I have been fighting off a sinus infection for the last week or so. Tuesday was not a good day for me, so I stayed home and did my best to get better. In addition to doing some cleaning, sleeping and battling with my nose I took the time to catch up on all the DVR taping I did with my favorite show - The Biggest Loser. It was a fitting time to do so, since the finale was going to be on later that night.

Just two highlights of what I learned:  (as I did pause from time to time from the fast forward mode and didn't just sit and watch the whole thing from start to finish...that is not the point of watching it - Move more!!!)

 - Did you know that Onions have more calories then brocolli, asparagus and mushrooms? (this kind of amazed me and still a bit baffled by it)

-  Most over weight people have a small "desire" spot in their brain, where a thin persons spot is much bigger. So it might take us two hamburgers to fullfill that desire, where it would only take a smaller person to eat 1/2 of one hamburger. More information to that, but it was very informative. I am working on lowering my "desire" brain spot.

At the finale I again was in and out of the room watching, but was happy to see a preview of the new Season. The NO EXCUSES Season!!!

I am going to like this upcoming season, because I remind myself everyday that there is - no excuse good enough to make myself fit. No excuse good enough that I can't be losing the weight. No excuse good enough to allow me to get healthy and to be around for not only myself, but for my family and friends.

I have a list up around my house that reminds me not to have any excuses. I see it when I wake up, I see it when I go into the kitchen and I see it when I am leaving the house for the day. No excuse!! I am doing that now and will continue to do it. I will follow those TV Biggest Losers and not only will they succeed in 2012, but I will continue to succeed and we all will be Biggest Losers!!!!!!!!!!!

Staying MOtivated MO

2 comments:

Maren said...

I really enjoy that show. People can criticize it, but it is changing life. It helped motivate me to start, and that's huge for me!

financecupcake said...

No excuses. I really need to get better about that.

Thanks for sharing the info about the size of the desire center in the brain. I've been struggling with my eating lately, and looking at it from the brain perspective makes me feel more able to conquer it.

Keep up the good work!