Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday!!!

I have been thinking of doing a Thankful post for quite sometime. Yes, I know Thanksgiving has come and gone, but there is so much that I am Thankful for this time of year. Maybe this should be Thankful Blessings, rather then Thankful Thursday...

1. Thankful that I finally and successfully have been losing weight this year. I want to keep staying on track, but struggling a bit in the last few months. I am not giving up and continue to be Thankful that I have lost about 40 pounds (give or take a few pounds) and inches all around. Looking forward to the next 40 in this Thankful process!!!

2. Thankful for my job. It may not be the most glamorous, but I am still employed. Saying a prayer for many that are struggling with finances and employment not only now but for the last few years.

3. Thankful for my son. Looking forward to doing more with him in the years to come. I even realize that when I don't get in my daily exercise that it does effect my mood and it effects our days together. Thankful that I have started to exercise and that our times together have been less stressful, as there can be worry moments for this single parent. Keeping it all in perspective!!

4. Thankful that I am learning to enjoy exercise. There are so many options for me. The punching bag, the walking workouts with my neighbor, the balance ball, trying a really old Richard Simmons workout tape, Sunday morning Pilates classes with Mer...the list goes on and on.

5. Thankful for new sizes. Yes, it has not happened in a few months, but the current size of pants I am wearing seem to be falling off. Thankful that those pants have to be held up with a belt.

6. Thankful for what lies ahead and all the support that I am getting. From friends, family and my blogging. Many are an inspiration, motivation and goal setters that keep me moving!!!

What are you Thankful for this Holiday Season - or any other time of the year?

Staying MOtivated MO

2 comments:

Maren said...

A lot of great things to be thankful for :)

Parry Peach said...

Gratitude makes me feel alot better than complaining. Being 40 pounds lighter is truly something to be grateful for. Congratulations on your success this past year. May the new year bring you even more success - and more things to be grateful for!