Friday, December 9, 2011

0.84

40 Pounds in 48 weeks. 0.84 x 48 = 40!! That's it - no more, no less - well, maybe a bit more from week to week, but no less. I thought about that last night. Kept saying to myself, what - only 40 pounds? How come you have not done more? You should have done more? What is the stand still? Come on, MO, start making that scale go down more. I also thought about that post I did yesterday, that I was grateful for the 40 pounds. I got comments back about it and yes, I should be truly grateful for 40 pounds. I wrote it, but was not really believing it. Then the light bulb went off. I did accomplish 40 pounds!! Yes, I did. Nothing to be sad about. Nothing to be frustrated with. I should not be thinking it is ONLY 40 pounds. It IS 40 pounds.

I took out the calculator, I counted the weeks since Mer and I started this journey - just about 48 weeks, which means just about 0.84 pounds I have lost each week.

That IS an accomplishment. I will not get frustrated when I hear others doing 2 pounds, 3 or even 4 a week. Nor will I be upset that I have not done more. My 0.84 pounds a week for the last 48 weeks has been a struggle, BUT ALSO a joy, a great movement from where I used to be and to into where I will be in the future!!

44 for my 44th year = 0.85 x 52 - Watch out 2012, here I come!!!


Staying MOtivated MO

5 comments:

Unknown said...

40 pounds is an awesome accomplishment. .84 is great... it really is true.

That is about the pass I am at too. And it feels sooooo slow. I sometimes feel I am trying way to hard to see such little results. I want to be the one that is loosing 2, 3, or 4 pounds a week too.

But we all loose and gain at different rates. I will take whatever I can get. :)

Keep up the good work and I look forward to following you for your 44 for your 44th year.

Does this mean you only have 4 pounds left?

Mer and Mo said...

Deanna - thanks for the encouragment.
No - No - just turned 44, so another 44 before my 45th year comes in November, if not sooner.

MO

Maren said...

Love this post! You definitely have done something really great for yourself!

Michele said...

Me, too, 40 pounds off. But for me it took almost twice that long, so not even .5 a week. But that is A-OK with me. It FEELS terrific to reach this milestone! Keep on going string, Mo!

Mer and Mo said...

Wow MO! What you are doing for yourself is awesome! I lost 20 pounds over the course of the year, but I could not do it without you. What a good goal for your 44th year! I am with you all the way! Keep it up! Love you! MER