Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Two Hours a Day

I am a huge fan of The Biggest Loser (US) and the new TV season is well on its way. If you are not aware of the show (but I am sure many of you are) it is where a group of people are chosen, picked, selected (or whatever you want to call it) to come onto an exercise ranch in the California sun and work out, learn to eat right, plan meals, have challenges and try to beat another person in losing the most weight in a 4 month period. I have always wanted to do this, but I would have to be gone for 4 months (because I am going to win - LOL) and I can't bear to leave my son for that long (not right now).

Two shows down, and many more to go. Two people "voted" off the Ranch. TONS of pounds lost - in fact in the first week I think it was over 200 for a group of 15. One group of 5 lost more then 100 pounds in their first weigh in. The pounds are much lower this week. They dropped so many pounds that first week that, well it is the effects of when you have not been exercising or making yourself healthy then you hit the Ranch and workout for more then 6 to 8 hours each day. Dropping weight will go fast (at first). Last nights episode I was not able to watch from start to finish (no worries - my handy dandy DVR will keep me up to speed). I did find out that each team (there are 3 this season) was only allowed to work out for 2 hours each day. The premise was that you can be busy at home, work, your family life, etc and when everyday life gets in the way we have a tendency to not make "getting healthy" a priority.

Two hours a day? Of Excercise? I wonder if I could do that? Wonder for how long? A week, a month???
Even if I can't get onto the Ranch, maybe I need to think about this two hour thing? I have some goals in the coming months - holiday picture, birthday (yikes), wanting to drop another 2-3 sizes (and keep going)!!  More to come in the next few days in way of my next list of goals. Time to kick it up a notch!!! Much to contemplate - plan for - goals to re-affirm or even just work on new goals!!

What is your challenge going to be for the Holidays, for the end of the year, for the next month? Put your thinking cap on - come up with a plan or just keep going with the plan that is working best for you now. We want to hear all about it. Share with us when you can.


Staying MOtivated MO

P.S. - if anyone is wondering where Mer is - she has been multi-tasking with gas stations, cell phones and juggling paperwork faxes (love ya Mer) - oh, and so much more!! Blogging is taking a back burner at the moment. She is doing well and meeting up with the Boot Camp girls most mornings. We will see her back here soon, I am sure!!!

3 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

I've watched for a few seasons now; got addicted:) My husband and I both started working out longer thanks to that show. The taped version runs about 1.5 hours when we fast-forward through commercials so we worked our way up to that pretty easily. Then most days I do another .5 - 1.5 hours in the afternoon, slow walking. I decided if they can work out all day, which is what I thought they did, what is my excuse not to do longer since I don't have a job or young kids at home. The bonus is that when I am exercising I'm not snacking:) But, I can't fit in the whole time every day. And I don't really push myself, as I've shared on my blog:(

Unknown said...

Two hours a day! That seems a lot, but when you break it down to an hour workout in the morning and something in the evening. Well I guess I do that on most days. Right now while the weather is nice... I am not so sure I will be able to keep it up in the winter. I agree with Karen on the less eating thing. I started an afternoon walk with a friend during my normal binging time; it really has curved the impulse to eat non-stop and whatever is in sight.

Alan said...

Wow, you are really getting after it! Just be sure you don't push too far - if you're feeling an overuse injury coming on, switch activities or rest. But seriously, I am impressed!