Thursday, September 8, 2011

My New Favorite Tool!

I am on back on track working out 5-6 days. (I pulled a muscle in my back last week so had to rest.) I started the Supreme 90 workouts this morning. It was a good challenging workout on the chest and back. Although I suck at push-ups, I did my best and all I can do is get stronger.  I always feel ready to deal with the day after getting the body, mind and blood moving first. I still miss bootcamp. There is something to be said about exercising in a group. You keep each other
I started tracking my food intake by using My Plate from here: http://www.livestrong.com/

I lost 3 pounds last week!  Yipee!!! I'm doing the happy weight loss dance.  "Eyeing it" did not work.  I was putting way too much on my plate.  I knew it and still kept eating anyways.  I am back to eating 6 meals a day.  I told my husband that I would be "good" during the weekday and not track my food on the weekends.  This is totally doable for me. And after all it is all about making it work for me, right?
I usually find that writing down what I eat boring, but this 6 meal thing makes me feel like I am eating a lot and not starving myself.  So I just want you to see how much I get to eat in one day.  My blood sugars never drop drastically and I don't feel sleepy or heavy from eating too many carbs or fats. 

4 cups of water after waking up with a squeeze of lemon if you like

Meal 1- 1 packet of plain oatmeal, 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee with stevia and fat-free half and half

Meal 2- 1 medium apple, 2 tablespoons almond butter, 2 cups water

Meal 3- 4 oz salmon, brown rice and green salad, two cups of water

Meal 4- 2 tablespoons humus, handful of carrots/celery and 1 brown rice cake

Meal 5- 1/2 cup brown rice, steamed broccoli, 4 oz. chicken breast, two cups of water

Meal 6- 1/2 cup keifer mixed with 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, two cups of water

The hard part was planning it (took hours) and measuring everything takes forever.  The My Plate tracker is so easy to use! I was able to track my workout too.  So this is my new favorite tool! It has given me the motivation to get back on track, hope that I can do this, and energy to do a new challenge. 
It's a short work week, but let's make it count!

STAY ON TRACK!
RENEW YOUR COMMITMENT DAILY!
YOU CAN DO IT!
NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Always on the move,
MER
://www.livestrong.com/

5 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

How great that you found something that works for you. I've tracked before and found it pretty interesting.

Unknown said...

I use the same tracking system and am shocked at all the calories I eat when I think I am doing well. I hate tracking but it defiantly helps. Keep it up!

Michele said...

Sounds like a great plan for you! Congrats on your loss, too, this week. Have a great and strongly heal;thy weekend! michele

Mer and Mo said...

Just cruised the tracking website and found out I have not had enough to eat today - I figured as much, but it is interested to see it right in front of you. Will have to do a bit more cruising, but will be a good way for me to stay on track more!!!

Staying MOtivated MO

Anonymous said...

OH HO! I was so excited for you by the time I finished that motivating post! Hope your back is feeling better. That could have got you totally down and out, but NOPE!

I love two things a LOT! One that you figured out that you were putting too much on your plate - you were willing to see it and then did something about it. No ignoring for you! And then you came up with a totally livable plan of writing all week what you eat and then giving yourself a breather, then right back on. It is like recommitting each week AND making healthy choices.

High five sister. Big high five!