Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lunch Time Decision


So, I had this huge lunch time dilemma. I didn't pack my lunch today and have not done so in a few days. That can be a huge downfall if I am not careful. I was going to go home at lunch today, but really didn't feel like it. Once the decision was made to stay close to work I then had to decide what I wanted to eat. There were plenty of ideas - Subway Sandwiches, Tin Roof BBQ, Cut The Mustard, maybe even driving over to a Taco Truck. Did I want to sit down and eat alone or get it to go? What could I get to go - Chinese, Hamburger, a trip to Taco Bell almost happened, but I resisted the urge to do something "simple".

Once I finally left the office I was determined to hit the Deli counter at the Apple Market. They have got to have something that is going to strike my fancy. I walked in, avoided all the yummy delicious treats in the bakery case and started to look at the lunch selections. Everything was fried or had way too many calories for me - corn dog, fried burrito, stuffed peppers (that had way too much cheese on it), Mac & Cheese, onion rings, fries, fried chicken....so I kept looking - maybe a sandwich, but nahhhh - how about a salad - they had the broccoli salad, the chicken salad, a crab salad, about 5 other salad selections and my taste buds were just not feeling it. I then made a huge lap around the store to see if there was anything else. Maybe a TV dinner - I could take it back to the office and pop it into the "wave" - no, that won't work. I left the store in search of something else.

Did a few rights and then a left and then another right.....I finally ended up at a little sandwich shop that is always so crowded. It does amaze me that my little town of say 20,000 has so many breakfast and lunch places and that they are ALL jam packed everyday. I walked right in, and found the perfect meal. It might not have been the most healthy and I for sure will need to work out again tonight, but it totally hit the spot. Chicken Pesto salad sandwich, with red peppers, mozzarella, lettuce and Ariela (is that how you spell it)spread on a tasty rye bread. They added the creamy pasta as a side and I could not resist in getting a very delicious bowl of Roasted Red Pepper Soup - yum, yum, yum!!

Most of us spend a lot of time doing the same thing, the same rhythm when it comes to our weight loss process, but I do feel that from time to time you need to shake things up. I am glad I didn't hit the fast food place, I had a delicious soup that I would never be able to make and that my taste buds got fulfilled today!!

Have a wonderful day - may you find something of joy today in your life.

Staying MOtivated MO


No comments: