Monday, June 27, 2011

Back from "Camp"

I am back from camp - well, actually, the camp was just down the street at a local park, so I didn't have to go far. I got to sleep in my own bed every night, but was up until the moon was high in the sky and was awake again when the first light of day came peeping into my window. The stress of the camp planning is gone. The 190 Scouts have come and gone. I have cleaned up most of my house - returned the items that can be returned - have started writing my thank you notes - the backyard is all cleaned up - the rose bush got trimmed yesterday - and things are back on track - oh, have even started planning for next year (we already know the theme)!! So glad to get my time back. I love volunteering, but it is nice to be able to have some sort of normalcy in your life.

As the clean up process came into place, I went totally overboard on my eating this weekend. I went through a drive-thru about 2 times (yikes) and then I treated myself to a chocolate milk shake one day. I think it was the rush of being done with my Day Camp experience, that I really didn't want to be "religious" in my eating and I was being very lazy as I ventured into those fast food outlets!!! I will not let the old me come back into play. I did get on the scale yesterday and I am seeing a 37 pound lose - that is still good, but my body can so feel the effects of the extra sugar, oily extras and the lack that I have not been drinking enough water!!!

The journey is going to continue for me. Me - the laughter, the fun, the Mom in me, and for sure going to keep dropping the weight. Can't believe how much fun I am having losing all those extra pounds.


Plus side of the week - I went shopping yesterday. Purchased just a few size 18 tops and bottoms (plus side - buy 2 get 2 free)!! I realized that even in my size 24 pants I should have been wearing something higher, but always told myself that I was not that big. Yep - I was, but will never go back!!! Excited to see that 18 fit onto my body! The store was also having a sale on over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders so I was measured and went down a full size!!! AWESOME!!! Feeling recharged and now have a few new items to keep me excited about my weight loss journey!!!

Another plus side - Mer and I get to have a full weekend together. Camping at our favorite spot!!! Russian River Style!!!! This year it is with more family then friends, but the group is going to be a plenty! We are going to have a blast!!! I can't wait to see Mer and share some good quality time with her, take a walk into town and not be as winded as I was last year. Plus, she gets to see how well I have been doing and I get to see how well she has been doing!! Since January it has only been a few hours here and there, but this will be more then 72 hours!!! I can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - wishing that it was Friday already and I was there!

To all you Bloggers - I do plan on accepting all the awards we received in the last two weeks. Those I will get to this week. I also plan on doing a lot of commenting in the coming days. My computer at home has been acting funny and not sure why I can't comment - hoping to get that fixed this week. Missing all of the other blogs - want to see more of some new ones - and well, it will be nice to finally get a chance to read all of your ups, downs, downs and ups, exciting news, time to time updates and so much more!!!

Staying MOtivated MO

*** Editors Note - now I can't post comments from my office computer - so many of you have so much to say and I have missed it - I have to keep signing in, but then it kicks me out - going to have to research to figure out this problem ***


2 comments:

Chubby McGee said...

Whew! Glad all that stress of planning is over. I'm also uber happy for you about your size 18s! And I love that you're running out and getting new, smaller clothes. I think that'll keep you going, going, going and losing, losing, losing. :)

Michele said...

What an accomplishment to pull that camp event together! Congrats on downsizing, too!!! You will rock into some new sizes, this summer. Juts wait!