Monday, May 23, 2011

Dancing Fool

I got to go out on Friday night. An invite to a last minute surprise birthday party got me jazzed !! We ended up having dinner at Chevy's Mexican Restaurant. I munched up a cup of blueberries before leaving the house, because it gave me that "semi" full feeling to avoid too many chips. I did order a yummy Pomegranate Martini, but I limited myself to one. My friend and I split an order of Fish Taco's, which was a great idea, because it totally kept me in check for the night. I didn't touch one piece of rice, as I am trying to limit my carbs lately. I also think the waiter was laughing at me because he filled my water glass about 5 times during our meal.

The best part of the night - we went out dancing!!!


I love to dance! I have always wanted to find a good dance partner where we would go out each week and just dance, dance, dance. My partner would have to love to dance all kinds - hip hop, rock, salsa, fox trot. Yes, I have taken some lessons, but not as good as I would like to be in ballroom fashion. Just getting out on a good dance floor gets my heart racing. With my friends or with a guy - one of my most favorite things to do! Our night out dancing started out slow, but soon the DJ music was on the ball. I danced for 3 hours. Our horse drawn carriage was going to turn back into a pumpkin, so we had to head home at about midnight. I would have enjoyed staying until the 2 am hour, if I could have. I love to dance - oh, wait - I already told  you that.

The only thing that I don't like about dancing is this, I hate how much I sweat. My hair gets all wet, my face is just dripping and I have to reach for a napkin just to wipe myself off gingerly without losing too much of my makeup. At the end of our night we went into the bathroom and yikes - look at me - gross!

One of my goals is to be able to dance the night away and not sweat so badly. I always look around and see some of the other girls dancing just as hard as I am, but I don't see anything dripping off their faces. Is that because I am big? Am I dancing harder then them? No, they are moving just as much as I am, right? I do believe all that sweat is because of my size and that my body is not used to my dancing activity. I will keep telling myself that I will continue to get fit, keep working out so my body is used to the extra activity, I will keep dropping the pounds and soon I will have to grab a napkin to only help hold my drink.

Staying MOtivated MO

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you had a good time. On a side note, I think the technical term you are looking for is Hyperhydrosis :)

jo said...

Your dancing sounds fun. I think some people sweat a lot, some don't. I'm a sweat-er. I sweat when it's hot outside, I sweat when I'm doing yard work, I just sweat way too much. However, you do have something to look forward to, because I do sweat less now that I've lost a lot of weight!

Mer and Mo said...

So you can dance Mo! Dance and Dance and Dance!
I am so glad that you dance no matter how much you sweat.
IF YOU CAN DANCE
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
YOU SET YOUR MIND TO
BE A NEW YOU!
Always Dancing,
Mer

Karen@WaistingTime said...

I love that YOU love to dance! Sounds like a lot of fun. And I love fish tacos too:)

Michele said...

My feet starting dancing after I read your post. You will get to a place where you can dance away (Ever Heard of the kid book called Dance Away? one of my favorites) and not sweat so much. You will.

Chubby McGee said...

You did everything RIGHT! Brilliant! Oh, man...Mexican food is my weakness. You're my hero for handling it so beautifully. Amazing work keeping the chips at bay with blueberries. AND you danced. Burnin' off some cals. Great work! Whooo hoooo!