Friday, May 27, 2011

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Ok - I think I am just going to have to vent for a few seconds - because, well, this is the week I have been having. This is why I am "losing it" and this blog is called We're Losing It - because this week, well, it needs to be done and gone and hopefully I can look back on it and laugh.


I work in construction and this week alone we had 7 jobs that we decided to bid in five days! Three by computer, then a notary class to take that would mean having me gone from work for a full day. We got one of the bids on the day I was gone and I missed out on the Wine Fest of celebration. The three jobs we submitted via computer program didn't work and in the 11th hour we had to fax it and we (Oh - Wait - I mean I) struggled with the issue of wanting to throw my computer across the room and then get on the phone and tell the person who actually thought this was a good idea that it wasn't - how some engineers think that you can submit a bid electronically is beyond me, but I am so old school.

Not to forget to mention this - it is the last week of school for Aman. Now, my son is a good guy, but he does have his moments. However, he has not had any "moments" in over a year. This year has been great, or so I thought. Might be the weather - is it going to be a full moon this week? Monday afternoon I go to pick him up from his After School Program and I have to have a discussion with the director. Hitting involved, with a mix of frustration in regards to a 4 square game (remember that game - love it), and well, a punishment had to come down. Then Tuesday - in the midst of pure mess at work - I get a call from the Principal - yep, the big boss at the school - pulling of an arm and more frustration and well, a bloody nose to the one who started it - my son - and more punishment. COME ON - its the last week of school!!!!! Wednesday, the fun keeps going - something about he got in trouble, but didn't get in trouble, but I don't have all the facts. I had to work overtime and well, my week is just not going well at all. Got it all cleared up on Thursday, but really, seriously, this is how the year is going to end?! HEAVY SIGH!!!

Wednesday I had to go pick up Pizza for the guys at lunch! I wanted to just open the box on the drive back to the office and pick at the toppings on that combination, but I didn't. I didn't even have one piece. Then you know when you purchase something just oh so yummy and the smell lingers in the car for hours. Yes, at 6:30 pm that night I got back in the car and I almost drove over and picked up another pizza for my dinner - the temptation was that strong.

Just imagine me screaming into my computer right now because I keep hearing the estimator say "its basically done" and I just want to clean up my desk and start the long weekend without a worry!!!

There is a silver lining to all this ahhhhhhhh moments. I am totally on track with my eating. I decided to try a new menu this week to give me the chance to discipline myself. I will share with you details next week, but I am happy to say that I have stayed on task. All week - not just a day or two, but all week. I am even going to my girlfriends house tonight to help her put together a new bed and I already told her I was bringing my own meal. I am so proud of how I have done and I can't wait to see my full results on the morning of the 8th day!


Here's wishing everyone a great weekend and for us in the U.S. hoping that you all have a long three-day holiday weekend!! If you see a military person or a Veteran in your comings and goings, make sure you say Thanks for their service! Memorial Day - not just a time to remember, but a time to be thankful for all that have served our country!!

STILL - Staying MOtivated MO

No comments: