Mo and Mer's Blog got an award- from not one follower, but two! So thanks to Midlife My Way and A New Dawn for Me.
To claim our award we've been asked to tell you seven things about ourselves and then pass the award on to some blogging friends. Since we got 2 awards that means that Mer gets seven and Mo gets seven. Here is goes Mer's List-
1. I married my high school sweetheart. Yes, we have been together for 25 years, but married only 16 of those years. We owned our first bakery together in 1998-2000 closed it when the dot.com crashed. We built the dream again and now own 3 bakeries.
2. I am a middle child. I have 1 older sister and 3 younger brothers. My sister is my Pilate's instructor who stretches me out on Sundays.
3. I have played 5 different musical instruments in my life. I have played the violin, piano and cello as a child, but did not stick with them. Then, later in life I picked up the guitar, but gave up after I wasn't good at doing a bar chord. I picked up the ukulele this summer and I love it! It is small enough to carry around and 2 of my brothers and sister play with me in the same group so when we get together we practice. I love it! And I can play a bar chord on it!
4. In 2003, I got my MA in Educational in Leadership. It was the hardest 3 years of my life. Working two jobs, going to school and trying to keep up with my family.
5. In 2004, two major things happened. I buried my father one week and then, went to celebrate our 10 year anniversary we took a very special trip the following week. It was a bittersweet time. We took our family to Paris, France and lived in a little flat for 10 days in the Maris District and had a wonderful time eating our way through bakeries and bistros, and visiting museums.
6. I love the outdoors and wish I could camp and hike all summer long. I hope that when my son is a little bit older that we can all go on some extensive camping trips to Yellowstone, Dinosaur National Monument, Mount Rushmore, Yosemite, Death Valley, etc.
7. I love being a teacher. I never dreamed that I would be a science lead teacher. Not only am I in the classroom teaching 6th graders, but I support, train, coach, coordinate and create the science programs, curriculum, assessments etc. in the same school district that I grew up in. My teachers that I had as a student are now my peers.
Here are my nominations-
Chubby McGhee - She is on the journey with us and I love her pictures. She inspirational when it comes to working out!
Skinny Me- Love, love, love her positiveness, and the affirmations.
Absolutely Narcissism - not about weight loss blogger, but she speaks her mind, is just sassy, and passionate about life.