Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 57- Head Hunger "insteads"

From 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle-

Here is my task-

Create a resource list of instead activites. It won't solve the problem of emotional eating, but they will be buffers between you and the issues that tempt you to eat.

BEFORE I EAT ANYTHING I WILL DO THIS-

  • Read a book or magazine. Keep in them in the car and at your desk.
  • Take a walk outside
  • Play my ukulele
  • Sing summer camp songs
  • Call Mo or my sister
  • Yell into my pillow
  • Write in my magic notebook
  • Hoola-hoop for 10 minutes
  • Jump rope for 10 minutes
  • Take a walk through the nature area
  • Do crunches on my ball
  • Run around the block
  • Do a 2 minute plank

(Spangle suggest that you make your own list and keep it handy so when an unexpected emotional issue comes up use this list of "insteads" to interrupt the automatic response of using food to take care of your feelings)




3 comments:

Mer and Mo said...

Will add this to my magic notebook, but here is some of my list:
* Hit my punching bag for 10 minutes
* Call Mer or my own sis
* use my hand weights for 10 minutes
* get on my balance ball and stretch out!!
* Write a note to a friend, just because, and actually mail it (no email stuff)
* Tackle a little bit of my "to do" list
* Drink a good cold glass of water! Enjoy every sip - it can be very refreshing

Loving the tips Mer!!!!

Staying "MO"tivated

Mer and Mo said...

I love this list MO! That magic notebook is the best!
KEEP IT UP!
YOU CAN DO IT!
NEVER GIVE UP!
Always,
Mer

Chubby McGee said...

Let's do this...if we both feel hungry at the same time:

You can play the ukulele while I dance the Hula! I've always wanted to learn how to dance like that. It's beautiful!

Great, great, GREAT idea(s). :)