Anytime you reach for food when you aren't physically hungry or needing nutrition.
Awareness- Why am I eating?
Is this hunger or desire to eat?
If you are hungry then, fuel your body.
If you are having desire to eat then catch yourself and figure out what you need.
Make a list of where your "Emotional Eating" happens-
- At work in the afternoon, when I get stuck on a problem
- In a meeting I will get stressed about presenting or about the topic
- When I get home from work and I have not wound down from the day
- Eating lunch when discussing a tough topic
Come up with solutions to these emotional eating habits.
- Bring healthy foods to meetings that I can eat and drink.
- Go for a 5 minute walk or read a book with son before walking in the kitchen to make dinner.
- Make a sign that says "Is this hunger or desire to eat" and put on the refrigerator.
- Get some ice tea or water to drink at during that tough lunch conversation so that you have something to sip on and crunch on the ice instead of not being aware of what I am eating.
YOU CAN DO IT!
NO MATTER WHAT!
NEVER GIVE UP!