Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 42- Make it Matter

"Raise the importance of your goals and make it matter." -From 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle

List all the ways that your weight affects your life-
  • How I look at myself-I want to look in the mirror and like what I see. Everyday I like the person in the mirror more and more because I am making the choice to do this healthy lifestyle for ME!
  • My health- I want to feel good all the time- physically, mentally and emotionally!
  • The way I fit in my clothes- I see my clothes looking baggy on me and the muffin top on my jeans is getting smaller. I want to buy new clothes for spring and summer in a new size!
  • My energy level- I work hard, I play hard, and I want to feel tired, but not worn down at the end of the day so I fuel my body with the best things that I can give it.
  • My relationships- I strive to be close to my spouse and to my children. I also try really hard to keep up with my close family and BFF. They all mean the world to me and I love them a lot.
  • The way I talk to myself- I am learning to be my own best friend and I take the time to care for myself.
  • The foods that I eat- I eat what is best for me and not give in to what I think I want. I am aware of what I am eating.
  • The way I deal with stress- I write in my magic notebook or I talk to my friends about what is happening in my life. I am not different from anyone else. We all have challenges and celebrations to share.  I have a support system in place to help me when I need it.
  • The way I deal with emotions- I don't like myself when I get emotional, but it is who I am and I have to take the emotional waves as them come. I accept that I am a worrier, a crier, an overwhelmed teacher, mother, spouse, and instead of finding comfort in food I talk it out, and I write it out.  I let the dust settle, I dust myself off, pick myself up and keep moving forward.
  • My sleep- I was tested for sleep apena. I don't have it, but I still snore and have something called RERA. It was the 40th birthday gift to myself. Research say that if I lose the weight the snoring and waking myself up in the middle of the night might stop. So I strive everyday to get to my goal weight in hopes that it fixes this sleeping problem.
Here is the scale 1 to 10 that Spangle shares- Rate your list. 1- Has no effect on me whatsoever 5- Bothers me some, but not enough to do anything 10- Overwhelms me: I think about it all the time Spangle goes on to say to make these issues so important that you must see changes in them. Push their importance up the scale. MAKE THEM MATTER! And you will see improvement.  Pushing the things listed up to a 9-10 on the scale! REMEMBER: YOU CAN DO IT! JUST ONE MORE DAY! NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF! Always, Mer

1 comment:

Michele said...

I love this:
The way I talk to myself- I am learning to be my own best friend and I take the time to care for myself.

I think that is one of the best parts of this getting healthy journey: taking good care of ourselves and being kind to ourselves. Excellent words of wisdom.