Make Small Commitments. Get Big Changes
(compiled by Michael Dalton Johnson)
TAKING CARE OF YOU
- Drink Plenty of Water
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables and eat less that is manufactured in processing plants.
- Avoid eating food that is handed to you through a window.
- Live the 3 E's ------ Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did last year.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10 - 30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, SMILE!!!
Without even knowing it I put this list into action without seeing it until the other day. I have not been to a drive-thru in over 60 days, have been sipping non-stop on my water daily, grave fruits & vegies at the drop of a hat, our house is almost 90% clear of processed foods, have been getting more sleep (and know that I didn't when I don't make it to bed sooner then 10 pm). My son and I have cut out the TV from the hours of 5 - 9 pm and we have been doing puzzles, games and spending more quality time together. And so much more!!! Glad that I found this list and am making it work for me. Hope you can make it work for you!