Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mer's Mid-Winter Break

It's Mer. I have been on mid-winter break this week. I was finally was able to relax on Wednesday. It took awhile to get into the mode of vacation. I still did my boot camp workouts, but my heel has been giving me trouble so I have been concentrating on taking care of that problem instead of trying to push through the pain. So consequently, I have not gained or loss anything for the second week in a row, but I am not going to let it get me down. If there is one thing I have learned is that you can't let little setbacks get your down. As everyone sees that my mantra is the same no matter what- YOU CAN DO IT! JUST ONE MORE DAY! NEVER GIVE UP! Seeing those words when I comment or write the blog post helps me as much as it helps you.
This healthy lifestyle change has been hard this week because trying to give my heel time to heal.  I have to make it a new habit to massage, roll out my calf muscles with "the stick", put stinky ointment called Biofreeze and take pain relievers.  It is not something that I enjoy doing or have time for, but if I don't I will pay for it. I have to figure out another appropriate cardio workout since running will not be in the cards. I am thinking about going back to swimming laps or trying to learn how to use the husband's rollers for my bike.
Despite all that my family and I have had a fabulous week together. I love the time with my kids. It is one of the benefits to being a teacher so that I can have the same vacations with my kids. It lets me be the sometimes-stay-at-home-mom that I have always wanted to be and still be the career mom too. I think it is all a good balance.  This week we have gone to the California Academy of Sciences, Happy Hollow Zoo and Park, Playplace at McDonald's, the Valley Fair Mall and even spent a day at home fiddling around doing as we please (We never do that! This busy family is always on the move!) I even got a date in with my husband! I will talk about that adventure in the next blog post because it has to do with food.
I am actually looking forward to going back to work next week.  I am relaxed, rested and ready to take on whatever comes my way.  It is back to the basics- being disciplined in my planning, exercise, eating and thinking. Not that I took a big break from that this past week, but it is the reminder that the journey continues. I am moving forward with a heightened awareness of my actions and I hope that you do too!
Let's all get out there and seize this week.!
YOU CAN DO IT!
JUST ONE MORE DAY!
NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Always,
Mer

1 comment:

Mer and Mo said...

Hey you - glad that you did get in some relaxation time. Did you have snow last night? Heard that SF did get some, not so sure it hit your area or not! Yes - Snow in California and not in the hills - it can happen! I have not gained or lost either, maintaining is good!! Keep up the good work, take care of your foot and I am here for support always!!!
Mo