Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 35- My Eating Pause

From 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle

A behavior noticed by Spangle-

While eating people-

  • Put food down that they are eating
  • Lay their fork down on the table
  • Just stop eating
This natural pause is where I should stop eating, but sometimes I miss the signal and keep eating. This where I need to listen carefully to myself.

Spangle suggest to take this action-
  • Observe others making the eating pause
  • Make it a habit to watch for the internal signal
  • Use the magic notebook and record how you recognized the pause & make note of how much you ate
  • Fine tune this technique so that you can use this tool when you can't portion out food like when you are at a restaurant or banquet. 
My eating pause behavior-

I really have to work on slowing down when I eat so that I don't miss this signal. I really should take cues from my children who both stop eating when they are full. My daughter will just stop and my son will start playing with his food so we have to tell him to stop.  I will stop eating, engage in conversation and then, keep eating. This is going to take some time to work on, but with all things I know I can do this with a little mental training before my meal. 

So, just slow down, take the time to listen to your body and notice the eating pause the next time you eat.

JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
YOU CAN DO IT FOR ONE MORE DAY!

Always,
Mer

1 comment:

Mer and Mo said...

I know this might sound silly, but I have to count to 10 sometimes between bites. It helps me to slow down and actually put the fork down between bites. Pausing it good!!!
"Staying MOtivated"