Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 32- Eat Every 3 to 5 Hours

From 100 Days of Weight Loss (Spangle)-
Coppa Panini at Cafe Campbell

Eat Every 3 to 5 Hours

For me if I don't eat every 3 to 5 hours I will overeat and I will eat what ever is available. This means that I don't make the best food choices.  I will go with what is easy. So to mange hunger use the 5 hour rule and eat after 5 hours of your last meal.
Lately, I have been maintaining myself by taking a healthy snack with me in my purse so if I end up being famished I carry an apple, orange, carrot sticks or raisins to hold me over to my meal.

Here are some things for me to work on-

  • I have to use both the clock and my huger scale to tell me when to eat.  
  • Plan my meals at set times and eat within 30 minutes of designated time
  • I need to write my plan and record the times I eat.
  • Make notes of patterns like when I overeat from going too long after meals- When does it happen? Why do I let it happen?

4 comments:

Grancracker said...

These are all great goals, towards learning more about yourself and becoming more self-aware. I think just blindly (sort of) going through ones day, can lead to unhealthy and overeating. Very good.

Grancracker said...

These are great goals towards learning more about yourself and becoming more self-aware. When we just blindly (sort of) go through our day, it can lead one to unhealthy and overeating. Very good.

Chubby McGee said...

I'm doing this, too. I always look at the clock when I eat any meal so I can make a notation as to how my body is processing hunger. If I look at the clock and think "Yo...you JUST ate 45 minutes ago," then I know that I'm just thirsty. It's awesome!

Mer and Mo said...

That handy dandy notebook is getting used more often! When we write things down we seem to stay on that path of success! Keep up the good work. And water, yep, I find that I am just thirty too when I am craving something else to eat. "Staying MOtivated"