Monday, January 17, 2011

Moody Monday....

This is me - Mo - being a single parent and well.....the issues that make up my life from time to time. These can make you leave the "new lifestyle" behind, but I will climb that hill - makes for a good challenge. Monday blues hit me as soon as I rose out of bed today. Sometimes that happens - call it being a woman, call it the fog socked in day, call it I just want to stay comfy in my bed and hang out today...but, life keeps me moving. The moody came into play when I dropped off the Aman at his Dad's (I really don't like having to work on certain school holidays - makes me wish I was still a teacher). As we were taking that final turn down Dad's street I hear in the back seat that there is (in fact) a new roommate at Dad's and that money has gone "missing" from said son's room - something about "storage" and "organization" and well, where in the heck did the $20 go???? Wondering, confused, miffed, annoyed and saying - what is going on over there? I do my best to let the many wonders of the other parent world roll off my shoulders, but sometimes it is hard. Lack of communication! Guess that is what happens in the divorced world some of us live in....so many questions and even if I ask I will never get a response. I have come far to realize it is not the lack of control I don't have, but it is the lack of respect and honesty. So, the Starbucks coffee would have brought me comfort, the morning soda or even a cup of hot chocolate at the office would have been a little uplifting, but you know - we CAN'T EAT (or drink) OUT OF FRUSTRATION. Really did wish I could have squeezed in a walk around the block before going into work. I even wanted to get a soda with lunch, but did well and opted for the hot tea, it was actually yummy and filling all at the same time. Going to cycle through it - not going to let it capture me and destroy the progress I have made!!!

1 comment:

Mer and Mo said...

I just read to only eat to fuel that body in order to give it the energy that is needs to run efficiently. Other than eating for flavor the rest of the eating we do is emotional. Keep up the good work! Such tough situations that you have to deal with! And you do it with such grace. I don't think I could be as together as you are. I wish more single mom's could learn from you. I know I learn a lot just by talking with you. I admire you and I think you are an awesome mom! Stay strong and stick to your guns on what you believe.;) Mom is always right!