Friday, January 7, 2011

The first test....

Last night I had to run into the grocery store to pick up just bread and milk. As I entered the store I found myself wanting to put on those horse blinders - the bag of chips, ohhhh - look at the yummy cake in the bakery....even a cold glass of chocolate milk would be good. Picking up a little something has been a habit of mine for a very long time - even after having a homemade dinner - those quick "grocery" stops can be tough. I can proudly say that the "voices in my head" did not win. I took the test and got an "A"!!! You see, I am a huge late night snack fan, so even if this was at 8 pm, I had to resist the urge. I am not depriving myself of the simple little pleasures, just working on things little by little - this is just one step in my journey.

1 comment:

Mer and Mo said...

Good for you! A+++ for not listening to the crazy voices in your head. Stay strong! You can do this!