Monday, January 10, 2011

Answer to My Chocolate Craving by Mer

I got this recipe from this month's Health magazine from an article called, "Bye, Bye Cravings!"
They are smart snacks from the Carblovers Diet. They have the right fiber that you need to help you feel full longer.
So here are the Dark Chocolate and Oat Clusters
2 tblsp. peanut butter
2 tblsp. 1% milk
1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. old fashion oats
Put in small sauce pan melt over low heat,  stir in oats, and remove from heat.
drop 8 balls on to wax paper and put in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Serving size: 2 clusters
Calories: 160
Fat 8g (sat 3g, mono 3.4g, poly 1.5g)
Cholesterol 0 mg
Protein 5g
Carbohydrate19g
Sugar 7g
Fiber 3g
RS (resistant starch) 1.7g
Sodium 40mg

I had 2 teaspoon-sized clusters. I made them smaller than the recipe and I used fat-free lactaid milk. I think I want to use my Green and Black dark chocolate bars next time.  This definitely hit the spot and stopped me from rummaging in the pantry after hours.

No comments: