Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pinch me - FINALLY!!!

Some exciting news from the Mo "out of work" camp!!

As I mentioned in my last post the phone was ringing again (I typed "reading", meant to say ring, ring, ringing). All good news - especially after I found out that my unemployment was going to continue (but I am tired of asking for assistance from the government - I know that sounds silly, but I am ready to go back to work) Here is how the flood gates opened up.

Two Saturdays back I had an interview for a part time seasonal tax office job. As luck would have it, I got the job just one week later. I was not fully excited about this, because it was part time seasonal, but I was a bit excited to be back to work.

Days before this interview I renewed my teaching credential and was contemplating going back into the subbing pool and/or full-time teaching again, but again, this was not an option I was excited about.

Then just last week I signed up with another Temp to Hire Employment agency (not knowing what the part time job was going to produce). They came through in a pinch. They were calling me left and right about interviewing with one company, then another.

On top of that, another temp agency was calling me and had another job interview in the works for me.

Ring - Ring - there goes the phone again - another interview option of a job I applied for back in early December. It is for a job I really want. Close to home, good company and just right up my alley. Things got even better when I had a good interview. Only time would tell. In the meantime I got the part time seasonal job offer - then two more interviews on Monday morning.

Interview #1 at 9 am Monday - it went well. And if they liked me then I would start the job as early as Wednesday (yes, tomorrow).

Interview #2 - 2 pm Monday - again, it went well. I was relaxed, ready for anything and didn't feel nervous when all of the sudden I was meeting with four people and not two. The only thing I was concerned about was that the job was not going to be full-time. I thought it would, but come to find out that they are still contemplating how or what they want to do with the position. I am not so sure.

Ring - Ring - an offer for a 2nd interview with the company I REALLY want the job with!! I am so excited that I picked up M & M's to give to the two Mike's that are interviewing me for a 2nd time - if I can't win them with kindness, then hit the sweet tooth. That happens tomorrow.

Ring - Ring - a job offer today!!! Temp to Hire - starts officially on Thursday!!!!

I felt a bit bad, but had to call the part time job and tell them Thanks, but No Thanks - and I wished them luck in the latest Tax Season.

I feel like I am in a dream. It has been 11 months, two weeks and a few days since having full-time employment, much less any employment that is bringing in money into the house. I feel like I am in a dream. Pinch me - finally!

All of this has been happening so fast. In a good way, but boy, what the heck. There was nothing for so long and now there is so much!!! What is that expression - Feast or Famine???

Now the drill is to make sure I can get my 11 year old ready for school without me being home. I have a little bit of a commute and will have to leave before 7:30 each morning. My neighbor is going to help out and pick him up a few mornings a week - thank goodness school does not go for too much longer. Next year he will be in walking distance to school. It is just going to be a change of pace for this family. We can do it and it is really exciting, but scary all at the same time.

I think my total motivation came because, well, you know what the heck - it is time. Friday night - 10 pm - time to realize that the Unemployment Vacation was over. I made of list of things to accomplish on the weekend. In just a few shorts hours on Saturday I had stripped the beds, remade them, done two more loads of laundry, cleaned both bathrooms, did the dusting, cleaned the floors in my bedroom - got home from an interview - cleaned the kitchen, mopped the floors...and so much more. Sunday we worked on the back fence that was coming down, I finally trimmed the rose bushes in the back and cleaned up the yard.

I am so glad that I will be going back to work. That I am going to be making money on my own again. That I will be out of the house and meeting new people, and helping myself as well as others. So many emotions right now.

This lady is on FIRE!!!!!


MO


1 comment:

Alan said...

Congratulations Mo!!!! So happy for you! :-)