Friday, December 28, 2012

Work in Progress: Writing a Personal Mission Statement

In preparation for the new year, I am rescripting my personal mission statement. I am right now collecting notes from the past year, quotes and ideas that I will use as resources for writing my personal mission statement.

Here are quotes that I copied from the internet to get me started-

1. Everything is practice
2. Do your best
3. Never give up
4. Be here now
5. Focus and win
6. Do it now
7. Believe you can
8. Action gives results
9. Dare to dream
10. Inches make champions
11. Success is yours
12. Be the change
13. Friends are treasures

The following are from Buddha-

"The mind is everything what you think you become."

"You have no cause for anything, but gratitude and joy."

"Life is so very difficult. How can we be anything, but kind."

I am not sure how long this personal mission statement will take me to write. I have done this before and it was transformational then because it was a complete and concise expression of my internal values and gives me a feeling of empowerment over my life. When I was disciplined and read it daily it was a source of insight and constant reminder of my commitment to myself. In doing this personal mission statement, I become a hero in my own life instead of being driven by everything that happens to me; proactive or response-able instead of reactive and emotional.
I spoke with Mo the other day and I decided that this weight loss thing is an inside job first. I have had a really difficult year of personal struggle in 2012. There was no hiding from my dark friend depression and anxiety. Never fear, I have dealt with these before and I know now what to do to keep them at bay now: self-compassion, and self-forgiveness are the keys to freedom here.
I am hopeful in 2013. And so very sure that it will be an AWESOME year! I am on a kind, tender journey to self-growth and this will be the best investment that I make for myself in the new year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"- Eleanor Roosevelt

I know that 2013 will be a moving forward kind of year for you Mer. You are right one can't lose weight without addressing their inner demons first.

What I wish for you in 2013 is that you find the strength to move forward and do what is right for your own happiness and find your TRUTH. Show your children how strong you are. You need to find that feisty, determined, funny, loyal, caring, loving, passionate person I knew in college and be true to her needs! No regrets my friend~

HUGS

E. Jane said...

My best to you, Mer, in 2013. I sense that you're getting to the heart of things. Sometimes we think we have been spinning our wheels, but actually growth has been taking place and will be revealed. Take care...