Sunday, December 9, 2012

Keeping Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy....

The title of my post does not lie. I have been keeping busy. I wish I could say that I have been busy losing weight, but that is not the case. I am not kicking myself, but am a bit upset that I have allowed myself to not be on the weight loss train. I am doing my best to get back on and just keep telling myself "I think I can" "I think I can"

Today marks my 10th month of being without a full-time job. I never thought I would be marking that date into my own calendar. Crazy how it can go so fast, but at the same time so slow. I have been out on several interviews, but none of them have produced a second option or even an offer. That is more then I can say for others that are out there looking for work or struggling. I also can't really say that I have had a hard time of this - money wise. I am keeping it all in check. My unemployment has been coming in and I was given the option to get my mortgage paid by a State funding program, so I am keeping my head above water. However, I never thought that I would be out of work this long.

I have volunteered here, there and everywhere - and still nothing. So - onto the next step - signing up for several "temp" agencies and knowing that they will get me out to work - even if it is a temporary job. Have done that before. In the midst of all this not working stuff, I finally made myself a list of things to do around the house and accomplishments I wanted to obtain. Kind of like a "to do" Bucket list. I am getting it done. Keeping the list to only weekend time, when my son is not around. And boy - what a great feeling to see that things are getting marked off the list. It feels good and once the list is complete then who knows what might happen next!! Kind of my way of saying that before I complete the list I will be back to work.

Here is my latest accomplishment - the Spare bedroom. Not 100% done and there are still a few boxes that I have to organize and sort through, but to be able to sweep up the floor in over a year was a WOW moment for me  - (tried to find a Before and After picture - I know there was a Before...oh, well, you will just have to see the after). Yes - that is my elliptical machine - so now that it is in a room that is clean there is not question that I will be using it - no excuse!!!!

Can't write more - have to get out and deal with the front and backyard mess that the rain and weather brought to my yard last week. I don't even have any trees on my property, but the nice house next door has left me a treat. And I am not going to use the air blower - it will be good old fashion sweeping and racking to get that yard clean. Good Cardio!!

More to write later - have a GREAT SUNDAY!!!

MO




No comments: