Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Better Week

What a difference a week makes. I am doing so much better and for so many reasons. I signed up to volunteer in my sisters 2nd grade classroom. I used to teach full time, even have a teaching degree from college, but I do not teach anymore - for several reasons. Well, when I became unemployed I knew that I needed to keep myself busy. So, I took the time to get my fingerprints done (the good part, it was free from the school district) and only paid $10.00 to have a TB test. Just a few days later I was able to go volunteer. Spring break is over and the "work" has begun. I have gotten up, jumped in the shower and had some place to go. I am going to keep up that pace. I have decided to do about 3 hours in the classroom several days a week. It is being helpful not only for me, but for my sister and her co-workers. I have helped them do fluency reading tests and next up is making copies for next years school plan.

Once the morning is over I am coming home and getting things done on the computer, organizing one or two things that need to be taken care of, doing some simple cleaning. Then in the afternoon I am getting in my workout. I did a long walk with my sister yesterday. Today it was a double duty. Did a 2.5 mile walk with my neighbor, then before I knew it I was off to my sisters for another workout. She was not home, so while waiting for her I did the Total Gym workout, two rounds of the 15 exercises. Then off for a long walk with sis - I think we did a full 3 miles. I came home and felt like crunching out some balance ball crunches - 100 down and might do another 100 before the night is done.

What a difference a week makes!!! I am getting things done, I am taking the time to exercise and I have realized that life will keep going. Like I said in two posts ago I knew that I was going to hit an emotional wall. In fact, sort of hit it again tonight - at the end of my second walk I was crying, but I needed to have that release. I am going to have those moments and even with a job will have those moments. There will be the bad times, but when you see the good moments it all balances out.

One last things to share for today - I got a really good post card from Mer. It included -

  • Better to light a candle than to curse darkness.
  • Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat
  • Stand for something or fall for anything
  • Who I am keeps surprising me!
  • From a tiny spark may burst a Mighty Flame
Looking forward to the rest of my week!!!!


Staying MOtivated MO

2 comments:

WWSuzi said...

It's always good to be busy!! You know I'm a walking fool too :) Does a body good

Maren said...

A week can provide a lot of change! :) Keep going!