There are a lot of negative feelings that we house in our bodies that we have to let go instead of dealing with these emotions we carry around. If our emotions were a balloon we would be blowing air into the balloon until it got so full for anger, bitterness, frustration, hurt, sadness, resentment that it popped and when it popped that is when we lose it by overeating, screaming, yelling or throwing a tantrum.
Spangle gives us a good way of letting go and it is simply this-
- Set a time limit on your feelings and then, let it go
- choose a difficult situation and write it down or do it mentally all your thoughts and emotions about it
- place these thoughts in the palm of your hand
- decide how long you want to hold on to these emotions
- pick a time limit- few seconds to several hours
- close your fist tightly around the feelings and hold them until the time is up
- at the end of the time limit, open your hand and throw the paper away or mentally send those thoughts into outer space
- as you let the feelings go, stretch your arms to its full length and hold your hand open with the palm facing up. Mentally, picture those negative emotions flowing down your arm and out your fingers.
- Let the feeling go for good. Do it again if you have to until it is all gone.
- affirm you have let go- write a few lines you have let go of the issue and the feelings around it
How about you? How do you let go?
Working from the inside-out,