Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Words

It is hard to fail,
but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
Theodore Roosevelt


It is of immense importance
to learn to laugh at ourselves.
Katherine Mansfield


Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement -
and we will make the goal.
Jerome Fleishman


Endurance is not just the ability
to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory.
William Barclay


If I rest, I rust
Martin Luther


It doesn't matter how small
the beginning may seem to be;
what is once done well is done forever.
Henry David Thoreau


Don't be afraid to go out on a limb.
That's where the fruit is.
H. Jackson Browne


I'm not afraid of storms,
for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
Louisa May Alcott


It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
Sir Edmund Hillary


When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place
and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe


I ask not for a lighter burden,
but for broader shoulders.
Jewish Proverb


Success is not the key to happiness.
Happiness is the key to success.
If you love what you are doing
you will be successful.
Albert Schweitzer


By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
Charles H. Spurgeon


Getting what you go after is success;
but liking it while you are getting it is happiness.
Bertha Damon

4 comments:

Dawn said...

A wonderful list of inspiration and just what I needed tonight!
My favourite.....and its HARD to decide on one, would have to be Edmund Hilary. I am learning, very slowly to conquer myself and my life with food. It isn't about fighting the fat, its fighting me and my behaviour.
With the help of each other along the way we will get there...I really believe we will. I will be here to celebrate when you both do!
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Amazing, thanks for sharing

Chubby McGee said...

These are great. Thanks for sharing 'em. Some days you just need someone to tell it like it is. :)

financecupcake said...

Those are FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for sharing! My favorite that you posted:
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves."
-Sir Edmund Hillary
That fits so well with my race this weekend. LOVE IT!