Sunday, November 6, 2011

Just Who Will You Be?




I read this book yesterday and it inspired me to get off my rusty-dusty and be true to myself.  Just who do I think I will be once I reach my goals from this weigh loss journey? It is something that I must ponder this week and answer for myself, but I am so glad for the inspiration to do this.  I feel like I am in a holding pattern waiting to land into my life, but in reality. This is my life and I must come to some kind of understanding that it will always be busy.  I know my lack of personal time will get better once I finish my classes for my teaching credential. It is a temporary and I can endure anything for a short period of time.  But the main question for myself is simply- Just who will I be in this next year and who do I strive to be in the future?

Here is Maria Shriver's pledge that will help me and hopefully you to write one for yourself-

My Pledge
  1. I pledge to "show up" in my life as myself, not as an imitation of anyone else.
  2. I pledge to avoid using the word "just" to describe myself. For example, I won't say, "I'm just a mother," "I'm just a student" or "I'm just an ordinary person."
  3. I pledge to give myself ten minutes of silence and stillness every day to get in touch with my heart and hear my own voice.
  4. I pledge to use my voice to connect my dreams to my actions.
  5. I pledge to use my voice to empower myself and others.
  6. I pledge to serve my community at least once a year in a way that will benefit other people.
  7. I pledge to ask myself, "Who am I? What do I believe in? What am I grateful for? What do I want my life to stand for?"
  8. I pledge to sit down and write my own mission statement.
  9. I pledge to live my own legacy.
  10. And I pledge to pass it on.
Never Give Up!
Renew Daily!
YOU CAN DO IT!
Mer

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I totally agree with the need for personal silence. Our lives are so busy and we never let a time of silence into our days.
I think silence is very good for us.
I love your other pledges, really positive thinking
Dawn

Michele said...

I like that adage to not use the word "just" to describe ourselves. Have a great week!

Maren said...

I liked this list.. gave me something to think about.

Mer and Mo said...

We must be on the same wavelength these last few days, because I was just thinking about some of this over the weekend. Where do I want to be? How will I enbrace this new lifestyle - new clothes - new me? What might be holding me back? Where is me in all of this? Many questions, things to ponder, things to reaffirm!! Thanks for the list!!!

MO

Unknown said...

Wow that's a lot to think about. It's so much easier to go on as I've been going, but I've been trying to make myself a better person. Those are some great ideas to help!