Here are some ideas on how to get in a workout while working at home or the office-
- Friend of mine told me that when she goes to the bathroom that she does 30 squats! What a great way to get some strengthening in. I thought I could also do 30 lunges or 30 dead-lifts.
- At the photocopy machine, I stand in front of the machine and do calf raises until I am done copying.
- When I have something to read through I will do a wall sit for as long as I can. To challenge myself I might lift one leg at a time.
- If I need a moment to move I might get up and do some wall push ups and will do them until my arms are tired.
- I will also do some tricep dips or side bends on my office chair when I am thinking for a moment.
- The shoulder roll is a great stretch and so is the seated figure four.
- I bought some resistance bands to do some toe and foot stretches, but there are a millon things you can do with some bands: tricep extensions, bicep curls and shoulder presses just to name a few. They are great because I can fold them up and take them wherever I want.
- I do sit on a big red ball and so I do bounce while I am working. It gets the blood going and I am more awake after I do that. I also I do some sitting cat and cow stretches.
- When I get home there are few things around the front door that I can grab and do. Hoola hooping is so much fun. My sister had it made for me, but all it is PVC pipe with some pretty ribbon. Jump rope and do some planks. All 3 activites I do in about 5 minutes. Then, I am off and running to get dinner going.
- Dancing while making dinner. Just blast your favorite tunes and shake that booty. It always brings a smile to my husband's face and the kids just join in on the fun.
Always on the Move- MER