Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dear John

When I was young I remember watching that popular television show about the Mobile Army Medical gang - I would watch this with my Dad every week. You know the one (or at least I hope you know, but are you too young??)

 

I loved this show. Not only did I get to be with my dad, but it was a funny show. Not too much for my little junior high ears, nothing like any of the sitcoms you see today. Heck, I remember the whole family (all 8 of us) watching the final episode from start to finish (back in the days when you didn't have a VCR and well, you just made sure you were home to watch the final episode). I now watch some re-runs with my son and so glad that he enjoys the show, too.

 

While watching this show I was introduced to the "Dear John" letters that military guys/gals would receive. The letters were from their "sweatheart" back home saying that they would had found someone else and decided to make sure their guy overseas was aware of it. There was even one episode where Radar O'Reilly got a Dear John on a record (yes, the show is that old - no CD's or IPODs in this sitcom). I am sure that our own current military receives these today, too. :(

I got to thinking the other day about Dear John letters - just something I do from time to time - (ha, ha). You see, I have been struggling with 5 pounds. I keep losing and gaining. I have been up and down, down and up with the same 5 pounds since about June. You can call it a Plateau if you want and some of it has not been because those five pounds just want to stick around. I will say that it is up to me to make sure I am consistent. I have been doing my best, can do better and will do better!! It is just time to get rid of these 5 pounds - enough is enough - give up the ghost!! I thought - why not write a Dear John to those 5 pounds.....heck, it just might work. So............without further ado - here is my Dear John to my 5 pounds:

Dear Five Pounds:

I have struggled with writing this letter. I know that you are attached to me and you have enjoyed many years with me, but it is time for us to part ways. Oh, the fun we have had. The eating, the exercising, the ups, the downs, being with me for so long - it is hard to let me go. You have been in my life for so long!! I am fun to hang with, but it is time for us to both spread our wings. Time to fly and be free!! 

I have found another pound I would like to be close to. You know the one, I have desired him for years!!! My Onderland Man is calling!!! I am very attracted to Onederland and I know he is attracted to me. I have been working hard and he is seeing the changes in me. I am not really sure when I will be with him, but I want to be with him forever and ever!! I am going to work hard and soon we will embrace. There is no need to worry about me, I am happy, feeling strong and getting healthy with this new relationship. You have made me happy, but there is a new man in my life. 

As much as you would like to stick around, it is time for us to go our seperate ways. It is going to be hard to let you go, but you are going to have to let me go, too. Why stick around with all those other pounds? Eventually they will all slip away and Onederland will have taken over!!!

I wish you well and giving you big hugs as we say good-bye!!!


Love Always -

Staying MOtivated MO

1 comment:

The Fat Mom said...

Great Dear John letter! AND a great post!