Monday, July 11, 2011

Tech Week


No bad news
No bad news
Don't you ever bring me no bad news
'Cause I'll make you an offer, child
That you cannot refuse
So don't nobody bring me no bad news

My daughter's musical performance is this week. She is in The Wiz and she is an a Reporter and Ozian Barista serving Ozbucks on stage. LOL! I love being backstage during her musicals so I always do props. It allows me to see the show off stage and I get to playfully finger shoot performers from across stage. I also get to give high fives to the performers as they come off the stage or to pump them up before they go on. 
We always have to plan for success on busy performance weeks. My husband barbequed a bunch of meats and grilled vegetables for the week so that all we have to do is to warm up food to eat.  He also did a great job shopping for fresh summer fruits, and easy to eat vegetables- baby carrots and celery. It helps us all eat healthy and not resort to eating fast food.  It has taken us a little bit to learn these lessons. 
The best part is watching my own kid on stage.  This is her element and it is what she loves to do. These kids in this musical are all similar thinking: creative, witty, humorous and singing all the time! My daughter is happiest when she belongs to a group that understands her and likes her for who she is.  Helping her find her passions is what makes parenting so rewarding.
Taking care of myself so that I can keep up the rigorous schedule of working full-time, care taking, studying and volunteering has become even more important than I ever thought.  People who don't do as much as I do think that I am crazy, but for me I have come to learn that I am a mover and doer in this life, but maybe The Wiz could grant me an extra hour in my day so I can get even more done!
PLAN FOR SUCCESS!
GO FOR YOUR PASSIONS!
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!
BE A MOVER AND DOER!
EASE ON DOWN THE ROAD! 
Always on the Move- MER

1 comment:

Mer and Mo said...

Looking forward to seeing her in the performance this weekend, too. Easing on down my own road of success !!!!

MO