Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Denali's Big 4 out of 5

This post is for Chubby McGee. Here is the biggest highlight from my Alaskan Summer Adventure! I got to see 4 out of the 5 big animals at Denali Park.  This place has to be on your bucket list of places to go before you die. 
In Denali, they want you to travel by bus tours so that there is not much emissions from the cars. Tundra plants are very sensitive to pollution. I felt safer in a big group and the bus driver we had was excellent at spotting the big animals. It was AWESOME to see them in the wild. 
Grizzly bears

 
Momma moose and her calves
 
Dall's Sheep



Pair of Caribou, Male and Female

1 comment:

Chubby McGee said...

AMAZING!!!!! Alaska is on my "bucket list." I've always wanted to get up there. Been to Canada, but not that far up. We had a moose run out in front of our car, but didn't get the opportunity to see baby moose. Too cute! The animals are incredibly beautiful. You got to see Grizzlies?!?!?!? WHOA! My heart would've just sunk. They're such neat animals. I love that you let us know about how they do the tours, too (in big groups to avoid pollution). That makes me so happy!!! Thank you so much for sharing!