Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just a quick moment - and a noticing moment that made me smile!!

 Well, here it is - the 3rd day of May - I started to write and write and write, but I only have a moment or two.....so this short and sweet (for me that is)...

Got to talk to Mer on Sunday. We laughed and chit chatted for just a moment - but I get to see her on Saturday and I am very excited!!! She gave me motivation to clean out my closet. So - Sunday afternoon (and rather then buying something new) I pulled out the pants I haven't worn in over - well, in a very long time - and as luck would have it many still have tags on them. Wow - how did that happen? Oh, I know - they looked good when I bought them, but not that good. Having all the intention of losing the weight or that I was losing weight at the time and I would get into them. I have gone down 2 pant sizes (with certain cuts and brands), so a few of the pants I never even put on. I just put them next to my body and they just looked too big up next to me, so why even put them on - I told myself that they were 2 sizes too big - get rid of them!! Into the Give Away Pile they went. I then realized, as long as I continue to wear that workout shirt that is too big I will never get motivated on a day to day basis. I pulled out several shirts that I have not worn in several months (t-shirt types) and made a plan to wear a different one to work out in each day - tight or not - because the next time I wore that shirt (maybe even the next week) I will start to see the difference. The scale can not be the only factor I am seeing!!!

Got up on Monday morning and realized it was a new month. I said to myself - you really need to make a month to month goal plan. You did the Chubby Bunny Challenge and you finally got past the plateau and dropped another 6 pounds - total lost as of last Saturday morning was a triumphiant 28 pounds!!! I am feeling good and never looking back.

Tuesday - water day!!! I got a huge compliment from the water guy today. He said he liked my shirt and he even put his arm around me today!! A few weeks ago it was a hug, now a nice touch - ok, ok - you are saying it is weird and he is a big flirt, but heck, I was thrilled. I totally thought about my rolls when he did it - that my pants were not hiding that roll, but I didn't waiver. I am going to get rid of those rolls and even if it is a flirting kind of thing - not only am I doing this journey for myself, but now I can see that I am doing this journey to get confidence, a "boy" to notice me and that I am looking good!!!! Yep, I am smiling right now!!

May Goal list to come in the next day or two - have to run - work is keeping me on my toes today!!!

Staying MOtivated MO

5 comments:

Chubby McGee said...

Oh, man! GO, you! You cleaned out your closet and, in doing so, discovered just how far you've come. I'm proud of you! You rock!

And I had a chuckle at your water guy paragraph. Personally, I love it when guys flirt with me (when it's completely harmless!) because it means I'm lookin' good. You know what that means: you're lookin' good and the opposite sex is taking notice! You should feel like you own the world, giiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrl!

Own it!

Dawn said...

You are doing brilliantly, you have moved into different clothes and feel good..I love the fact the water boy likes it too!
Im delighted you found your mojo with Chubby's challenge and the scales are moving well
Great news!
Dawn
PS can you send the water boy to see me..I could do with meeting him too

Grancracker said...

Oh my goodness! 28 pounds Mo, that's great!

Mer and Mo said...

Doesn't feel good to clean out that closet! Good for you MO!
YOU ARE DOING IT!
KEEP IT UP!
STAY STRONG!
NEVER GIVE UP!
ALWAYS,
MER

Mer and Mo said...

Thanks to all of you, I felt even better about this post when I received your "blog clap" - thanks!!! (giggle giggle - saw the water guy the next day on the freeway, a quick wave and a good way to start my work day)

MO