Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We Can Do It!

Emails from this week-

This is the message I sent out to a friend who has talked to me about doing bootcamp. It is from my bootcamp instructor-

Subject: 5-WEEK SPRING INTENSIVE OK, LADIES!! ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!
Hi Ladies!!!
LET'S DO THIS THANG!!!!  YES, INDEED!!!  ONE WEEK TO GO!!  Enjoy sleeping in cuz you'll be hit by a Mac Truck soon!!  I'm gearing up for our 5-week Spring Bootcamp Intensive.  We will still be meeting indoors as it's chilly in the mornings!!  We can use the stereo @ Carden, then head outdoors in June, in time for the early sunrise of Summer Days!!!!  WAHOO!!!  Summer is just around the corner!!   We are starting on Monday, April 25th, the day AFTER EASTER!!! 
Bring a *new friend* and receive $20 off ! ! !   Let's grow our group, ladies!!  I guarantee one day a week of willpowermethod.com, one day a week of cardio intensive drills, ending the week with 1/2 hour weights & 1/2 hour yoga.  I'm putting together a program you can use on your own to prepare to run a 5K and/or a 10K and perhaps we can make it a goal to enter a race sometime this Summer as a team!!
Let me know if you're joining the Spring Intensive Bootcamp, and please print this off and pass it out to friends!!  The more the merrier.
xo,
Michelle


This is the message I got back-

Even for a tired and lazy mom of 5? I so need inspiration and motivation. But having 5 kids in five years did my body no good.  Would this be too much after 5 years of zero exercise?
Jul

This the message I sent to her-

Hey Jul,
It is a bit of a shock to the body when you start. Since I was that way (zero exercise) when I started, 2nd child at 38 and nausea was constant so had to eat carbs the whole pregnancy to calm my stomach and it just made me gain a ton of weight! The 5:30 am is hard, but it is the only time I can get a workout in being a busy working mom and so I still drag myself there. Once I am done I always feel so much better and ready to face the day.  It finally came down to this for me- "You have to do something for yourself, your health, your peace of mind and being busy is never going to stop so-if not this then what?"

Do what is best for you.
Mer


This is the final message I got from her tonight-

Yep, I'm in.   I'll email her tomorrow to signup.  I talked another friend into too so she'll sign up too!

Whoo-hoo! If they can do it. You can too!
WE CAN DO IT!
TOGETHER WE CAN LOSE TO WIN!
JUST DO IT!
NEVER GIVE UP!
Always,

Mer

2 comments:

Chubby McGee said...

Woo hoo! Get those bodies started! Haha!

Geez...five kids in five years. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

That lady is a saint.

Mer and Mo said...

Its true- the days that I just don't make it out of bed I say "that's ok, I will do it tomorrow", but then when I do get up and do my 30 or 40 minutes I feel energized, ready to tackle the day, the stress of the day before goes away or the need to prepare for my day can be worked out in my head as I exercise and focus!! Go for it - you can do it - we can do it!!!

MO