Monday, March 21, 2011

Glow and Grow

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you! "
Christian D. Larson -
New Thought Leader

Values.com Quote of the Day for March 21, 2011

This quote speaks to me today so I thought I would share it. Sundays night I always reset myself on the path to a healthy lifestyle. I reflect and think about the past week and try to understand who I am, what my life was, what to glow and grow on. It gives me perspective and it makes me appreciate my life in general. 

Who am I:

I was the busy working mom trying to make sure that all the baseds are covered.

What my life was last week:
  • Listening to my son narrate the his imaginary play and watching my daughter put effort into her own writing craft and seeing her at her voice lesson.
  • Everyday finding time to connect with my husband- a lunch date, time talking, texting or just listening to each other is enough.
Glow: I got 3 compliments last week-
  • My boss telling other science leaders about the effect that I have had on the elementary and middle school science scores.
  •  A parent of one of my students said that I was a kind teacher.
  • My bootcamp instructor telling me that I inspire others via my blog. 
Grow:
  • Learning to really listen to what I really need and not use food to fill that need. 
  • Being ok with making mistakes and learning from them.
  • Back to the basics- Write down everything I eat!
What was your Glow and Grow from last week?
YOU CAN DO IT!
NEVER GIVE UP!
Always,
Mer

4 comments:

Chubby McGee said...

Another great post. And you ARE an inspiration. You help make me glow with all your positive and through-provoking posts! I love 'em!

Mer and Mo said...

I wish I had read this yesterday - thanks for giving me another good wake up call....not only is this good with my goals with weight loss, but with my everday life (and very hectic Monday). Was just told by a co-worker that I need to get on medication - you would too if you had a line of 5 people at your desk all before 9 am, with several others emailing you at the same time...I am going to need the straight jacket soon....LOL
My glow last week - hitting the punching bag of fun, having my son for a full weekend - no work, no huge obligations...will have to think about the grow....
Hugs - MO

Mer and Mo said...

@Chubby McGee- Awww...thanks. I am flattered and blushing!
@Mo- If you need to be on meds then I need to be on them too! YOU GLOW GIRL! The growth is happening don't sweat the small stuff. YOU ARE DOING IT! KEEP IT UP!
Mer

Mer and Mo said...

Ok - straight jacket - check, meds - check....I will make sure the doctor knows both of us are checking in - LMAO!!!! Glowing all the way to the funny farm - :)
MO