Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 43- Choose to, not have to


When we have to do something it ends up something that we don't want to do.  I end up protesting it and not doing it in the end.  So Spangle (From 100 Days of Weight Loss) says that by changing the word to "choose" makes you in charge and affirms that you want to see results. 
So the exercise she proposes is simple- write one list with the words- "I have to...."

I have to exercise.
I have to plan my meals.
I have to go to work.
I have to do the dishes.

Then, rewrite the same list with "I choose to..."

I choose to exercise.
I choose to portion my meals.
I choose to go to work.
I choose to do the dishes.

The "I have to.." is that pushy, mother-like tone that ends with "..because I said so." I rebelled when my mom told me that. As an adult, I still feel the same way.
So just like the title of this post- choose to and you will get to the goals that you set for yourself.

REMEMBER:
YOU CAN DO IT!
JUST ONE MORE DAY!
NEVER GIVE UP!

Always,
Mer

2 comments:

Mer and Mo said...

This is so assume - kind of like my little one's writing assignment - you have to should be turned into you choose to (heard from his teacher that he has decided to write today - picked a quiet spot in the room to help him) so glad that he is choosing to write. I too got up this morning and I choose to exercise - has helped my attitude today!!!
MO

Dawn said...

Yes...just one more day! When the road ahead seems a long one with a lot to lose, thinking...just one day and repeating it will get us through
Good thinking
Dawn