Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reflecting on Valentine's Day-

I just read Mo's Valentine Aftermath. I guess a lot of people have expectations of Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day to me is so much hype and lots of candy (which I had a ton of on my desk at work.) I really did not have any expectations since it has been an emotional roller coaster with my busy, over-scheduled spouse. My mantra with most things in my life is "This too shall pass..." I figure I am married so I am constantly going to have moments when things are out of balance and the connection is not there. That is what happens with you are as a good friend terms it- "dancing in small spaces together." I don't worry too much about it because I know that love is there and will always will be. Sometimes the dance is in sync and in step perfectly and sometimes we're doing our own solos, but we work as a team on all the daily stuff so that is all that matters right now.
I always do something for Valentine's day for my kids and my spouse. Sometimes I get something back and sometimes I don't. I have learned that you can't take it personally. There is  a story behind every action.
My son did his valentine cards for his classmates on Sunday. I was very proud of him since he has trouble writing and hasn't decided which hand to use so he uses both! It took him 60 minutes to write all of them. He perserved and got it done. He took no break. Pretty good for a 4 year old. I was so proud of him. When he was finished my spouse said "This is why I hate Valentine's day. I was always forced to give valentines to people that I did not like." So of course after that comment I knew why he avoids giving valentines as an adult. 
As for the candy on my desk, I ate two pieces of chocolate and then, gave all the candy to my daughter. I told her to share it with her friends. I worked off the candy this morning during my walk and 20 minute circuit of abs, legs and arms. I am feeling really good, really strong- physically, mentally and emotionally today.
I hope you are too! When you are feeling good- go out and seize the day!

STAY COMMITED TO YOUR GOALS!
I T IS ALL ABOUT YOU!
YOU CAN DO IT!
JUST ONE MORE DAY!

Always,
Mer

No comments: