Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 25- Smaller Amounts Less Often

Thoughts from 100 days of Weight Loss (Spangle)-

When I started this new lifestyle change I wanted to make sure that I did not do anything too extreme.  I have done some extreme diets in my past and they did not work completely. I once did the Sugar Buster's Diet and cut out all refined sugar out of my diet.  The withdrawal on my body was brutal with massive headaches and the mood swings were so extreme that I would spend nights crying.  The one good thing that came out of that was that I stopped drinking sodas and permanently shed 20 pounds that I have never gained back, but that was where that ended because it was too hard to stay off all refined sugars in this day and age, especially, when one owns 3 bakeries.

So Spangle introduces the-

Smaller amounts, less often

· So you can have your favorite foods, but in portioned amounts that you decide and when you want them.

· This is so that you can still appreciate them and look forward to eating those wonderful foods.

· This way you don't feel deprived and can help manage the amounts of these foods instead of overindulging and overeating.

I am looking forward to having some frozen yogurt with my family this week.  I am a fan of the tart froyo. I can't wait until I get some, but I will be good and I will not eat dessert this week. I will wait and I will enjoy it since it will be a special treat for me!

What is your special treat this week?

NEVER GIVE UP!
JUST ONE MORE DAY!
Always,
Mer

No comments: