Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Support & Yours?


I can't tell you how different it is having real support though this lifestyle change that I have taken many times by myself in the past.  My BFF and my spouse are with me 100%. My family is too. I am so blessed to have them in my corner. It helps me breathe easier, it lowers my anxiety and it puts a big smile on my face because I have people in my life who will listen, be there for me and love me no matter what kind of day I am having. I know I have always had this, but never really allowed others to truly be a support or be my cheerleader. It is that knothead in me that says, "I can do it and I can do it by myself!" The reality is "No, I can't do this alone. I need the support, I need the encouragement and I need the push from behind to get the swing started." 
I took my son to the park yesterday to practice riding his scooter. He was so excited until he realized how much hard work it was to learn to balance. I had to stay positive and supportive, but not be too harsh or I knew he would just stop and throw the scooter down. I listen to him complain and I praised him for not giving up. Then, we passed another little boy doing the same thing he was also learning to ride his scooter and I heard his mother say, "Yes, this is hard, but we can learn how to do hard things? " She is right! As hard as it is -I CAN MAKE THIS CHANGE! My BFF tells me this,  my spouse tells me this and now I am starting to say it to myself.  
So, who is in your support? Who is the person who will listen to you? Who is the person who will push you to do better? Who is the person who will pick up you up when you fall? Allow yourself to be supported so you can make this lifestyle change for the better YOU! 

2 comments:

Mer and Mo said...

My support - my BFF (for SURE!!!). This year is different - she may not be right there with me, taking walks with me, getting me up to exercise, helping me watch what is on my plate, but she is there with a blog, a text or a happy email from time to time. My son is also giving me the support I need, too!!

Mer and Mo said...

It is your comments, Mo that keep me MOtivated! Thanks so much for always, always, always being there for me. And you know you can always count on me to be there for you anytime!