Saturday, August 13, 2011

Slideshow of my summer for the first day of school

Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
This photo album personalized with Smilebox
I make a slideshow for my students to see on the first day of school. It is so that they get to know me and my family.
Reflecting back my summer was filled with lots of learning. There is nothing wrong with it, but I think I took over 8 semester units of coursework, which is more than I have ever taken in 8 weeks! It was more stressful than summers past and because of all the stress at the end I have gained back 6 pounds. It makes me want to cry, but I will not. I will move forward and focus on that.
To make myself motivated I cleaned out my closet last night and put out any clothes that were too big for me. I am still a size 10 and I plan to stay there.  I  have to reset my goals, plan and carry out my plan. I just have been so tired and I have been sleeping in trying to catch up on the sleep I did not get this summer. With school starting for me it brings routine which I desperately need right now.  It will be tough, but better for me to stay on track.
I am back at the daily renewal to the committment of my goals.  I have to do this for myself. I need to get back to sleeping more, moving more and eating well.  I need to work smarter and remind myself that these small setbacks are just that, right? It is such a struggle to stay in balance and to stay on track with all that I do it is so hard to track my food, water and exercise, but I know writing everything down works for me. It brings that level of awareness up for me so that I don't go for that second helping or accept that bottle of beer or take more than two bites of that dessert. 
So do what you must to make it happen for you-
KEEP IT UP!
YOU CAN DO IT!
NEVER GIVE UP!
Always on the move- MER

3 comments:

Diana said...

I finally had time to get to your bog and I love it!

40 pounds is a lot! And a size 10 is fabulous. I have a closet fill of size 10's I can't even begin to squeeze into.

You were at the U of A Fairbanks this summer, and that's my Alma mater. Class of '82. Imagine walking to classes when it's 50 degrees below zero. Classes were never cxld. :)

Six pounds isn't much and you'll lose it fast now that you're home and on a regular routine.

Just added you to mt blogroll to.

Mer and Mo said...

Hey Mer - you will do it!! Recommittment is good and I will support you all the way! Summer can be fun, hectic and well, getting back to the routine can be a welcome break. Enjoy your first day back with the students!! Let's keep doing this together!!!

MO

financecupcake said...

What great pictures! That Smile Box site is really neat! It looks like you had a great summer. :) You can totally kick those six pounds to the curb!