Thursday, June 2, 2011

Promotion, Last Day & SUMMER!!!!

I am still breathing! I am still here. Thank goodness that Mo can keep this blog going!
I did sign up for the June Boom Challenge and I did my 30 minutes of walking and jogging in this morning, but I also had some tightness in my chest that I have not felt in a long time. I had to take a hit of my inhaler this morning.  I have not done that in years! I know it is just stress and all the wonderful spring pollen in the air. I do have a goal of running a 5k in July with the bootcamp ladies. I have never run a 5k before so this will be the new challenging thing that I will be focusing on. 
Tomorrow is a big day for my family. My daugther goes through her 8th grade promotion and then, I will have a High Schooler living in my house! And tonight is the 8th grade promotion dance that I signed up to be on the decoration committee.  What was I thinking??? 
Well, the last day of school is tomorrow and then, my summer starts!!!!!  I leave for Alaksa Saturday night and will not return until June 14th.  I am taking a class in Fairbanks for 5 days and then, will travel to Denali.  The most exciting part is that I am going by myself without spouse and kids.  It will be nice to have a little time to myself.  I will be still working out daily since I will be on a University campus I will get access to their fitness center. I am so looking forward to being at a gym with a pool and there are beautiful trails to hike near the campus. I just have to make sure that I have heavy duty bug juice on or the mosquitoes might take me away. 
As Mo reported for me I did hit the 20 pound loss! I have another 25-30 pounds to get to my goal weight.  I am at 165 pounds and I spoke with my bootcamp instructor who told me not to go by the BMI which mine would be down around 124 pounds because I am muscular and stocky. What do you all think? How have you figured out your goal weight?
Gotta run!
STAY STRONG!
KEEP AT IT!
WE CAN DO THIS THANG!
NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Always,
Mer
P.S.- LOVE you MO! Thanks for the laughs, the encouragement and inspiration! You are the BEST!

2 comments:

Sarah G said...

Alan sent me. :) Good luck on the challenge!

Mer and Mo said...

Mer - I am always there for you, as you have been for me for so long (and I mean soooo long - LOL). Have a GREAT time in Alaska, so jealous! Congrats to my God-daughter on moving into High School - where has the time gone. Stay strong, keep being you the way you can only be you!!

THANKS to you for your inspiration, laughs and motivation - always!!

MO