Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 22- Multitask with Food by Mer

I woke up this morning and chose to read my 100 days of weight loss (Spangle) to start my day with a focus. Saturdays are busy house chore days where I tend to mulitask by cleaning, doing laundry and still supervise kids activities.  I also have a tendency to pick at food and walk around while eating so that I can get more done, but it also means that I might eat more  than I am suppose to. So today's reading is to remember that "you are eating."  

  • Heighten your awareness and be conscious when you are eating.
  • Study your food with detail and pay attention to all the five senses you are experiencing.
  • Train yourself to be busy, but yet aware of what you are putting your mouth- NO MORE WOLFING DOWN YOUR FOOD! 
This morning my son and I watched Saturday morning cartoons- Danger Mouse. He brought an apple to eat with me on the couch. He let me have the first bite, but before I ate it. He and I talked about the red variations of color, and round, heart shape. I took my first bite and savored the crisp, sweet, but tart taste. I enjoyed the crunchy texture and the juiciness of it. I noticed that the juices ran down my fingers.  Then, I handed over to my son who bit into it and I heard the chunk sound of his teeth as he bit into the apple's thin skin. Then, he slurped the juices and chewed.  He smiled at me and told me that this was a good tasting apple for breakfast.  I agreed and thanked him for sharing with me. He did more than just that for me he practiced  slowing down and notice the details of my food. I love that children can make you do that- slow down and notice the details that we as adults take for granted.  It is so hard for me to slow down in my busy life, but this lifestyle change is so important to me that I have to figure out how to make it fit. 

A rule for myself- 

"I MUST SLOW DOWN AND SIT DOWN TO EAT. 
NO MORE EATING ON MY FEET!"

REMEMBER-

DON'T STOP NOW!
STAY STRONG!
YOU CAN DO IT ! 
JUST FOR ONE MORE DAY! 

No comments: